Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Investing...Owning One's Own Business

tag
XxRaVeNxX
Regular Contributor

Investing...Owning One's Own Business

So, I was looking at having something on the side, while still working full time. And I ran across the idea of owning vending massage chairs. No, upkeep like vending candy machines, etc.

Even found a site, where you order straight from the manufacture in China. http://www.alibaba.com/ Owning 4 would cost about $2,000.

And thought, I could put four in the mall, and the money would roll in. Tell me why, I contacted my local mall, and got this reply about putting four in the mall, or even an arcade redemption type game in there.

Renting space in our mall with a vending concept will constitute about $4,000.00/year in Base Rent per location as well as a Percentage Rent of 30%. For the crane, Base Rent is similar at around $3,000.00 based on location and also has a Percentage Rent of 30%. Please let me know if you are interested and we can proceed accordingly.

**bleep**?!?! Just glancing at this. I'll think I'll never break even. How do people make money off of these things or the arcades in the mall?

Well, going back to my original idea, of attempting to invest in a home to lease it out, to get some supplemental income...

Chase Southwest $5000 - November 2012 Wal Mart $1000 - November 2012 NFCU Visa $5,000 - Sept 2012 NFCU NavCheck $3,000 - October 2012 Amazon $900 - Aug 2012 Kay's Jewlery $2700 - Aug 2012 Buckle $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Roaman's $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Capital One Secured $225 - April 2012 Capital One Platinum $2500 - July 2012
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Investing...Owning One's Own Business

And that's why you never see them in too many malls.

Message 2 of 4
XxRaVeNxX
Regular Contributor

Yea...it must be my mall...talking to someone over the net, their mall charged $150 a month or 25% of gross if sales exceed $1,200.

And on second thought, rental properties can turn into a real money pit. I'm guessing I'll start brushing up on stocks. There's just so much to read and know, if you're is ignorant as I am, like direct stock plans, penny stocks, etc.

I think I read somewhere that property investment was geared towards middle class, while stocks and bonds was geared towards upper class. I mean I can understand this, my parents talked about home ownership more than stocks/bonds. I've just had this mentality that land can never devalue, and passed on for generations.

Also, I found this other concept, like people invest in someone's video game's development. This one is called Project CARS. The game has to sell about 300k copies on 4 platforms to make you break even. After that you'll get a share of the profits for 2 years. http://www.wmdportal.com/about/

Does anyone know any more sites/idea like this? It's like Shark Tank for the average joe! I like it alot, was just turned onto it, tonight...

Chase Southwest $5000 - November 2012 Wal Mart $1000 - November 2012 NFCU Visa $5,000 - Sept 2012 NFCU NavCheck $3,000 - October 2012 Amazon $900 - Aug 2012 Kay's Jewlery $2700 - Aug 2012 Buckle $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Roaman's $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Capital One Secured $225 - April 2012 Capital One Platinum $2500 - July 2012
Message 3 of 4
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Check out prosper.com

It is pretty risky, but lately has been showing good returns.

The idea is, you loan money to people instead of banks.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.