Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ipad3

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ipad3

@Anonymous wrote:

I want an iPad 3 bad.  I haven't dived into the tablet market yet...I may treat myself when I'm debt free this Fall Smiley Happy

Doooo eeettt.  Normally I wouldn't promote reckless spending, but the iPad is maybe the best thing since someone invented green tea lattes.  I never leave home without it (even though it's really heavy with it's case), it's endless hours of entertainment, you can actually do work and be productive if you are so inclined and the apps are phenomenal.  Anything you can think of, there is probably an app for that.  It will be a great get-out-of-debt present, you won't regret it.  Oh, but factor in some more moolah for the case and/or screen protector.  

Message 11 of 26
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

......., but the iPad is maybe the best thing since someone invented green tea lattes.

Having been in the real tea industry, my opinion of green tea lattes is about the same as my opinion of Microsoft and PCs.  Smiley Very Happy

So please don't insult iPads by comparing to something almost as bad as fruit teas  (tea not made with Camellia sinensis is not tea - it is a herbal infusion)   Smiley Very Happy

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 12 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@MidnightVoice wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

......., but the iPad is maybe the best thing since someone invented green tea lattes.

Having been in the real tea industry, my opinion of green tea lattes is about the same as my opinion of Microsoft and PCs.  Smiley Very Happy

So please don't insult iPads by comparing to something almost as bad as fruit teas  (tea not made with Camellia sinensis is not tea - it is a herbal infusion)   Smiley Very Happy

+1  If it doesn't snap your eyes open first thing in the morning, it isn't real tea. My druthers for hot tea is Twinings English Breakfast Tea, and for iced tea, it's Luzianne, with Bigelow Plantation Mint tea for days when you need some mint going on. Smiley Happy

BUT there used to be a great "tea" blend called Good Earth Sweet and Spicy non-caffeine herbal tea (not the organic version) that was wonderful. It had rooibos (redbush) tea and cinnamon and orange peel and rose hips and and and...

But the new version lists "natural flavors" as the second ingredient, and it's terrible, nothing like the original. Feh. The company was bought out, and out went the true recipe.

What will I do now when I have a bad cold?  * whines *

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 26
marty56
Super Contributor

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/20/tech/gaming-gadgets/ipad-overheating/index.html?hpt=hp_bn8

Can't wait for the Ipad coolers to flood the market converting the Ipad to an Ix2Pad.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MidnightVoice wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I find it insulting that you think my green tea latte is on par with a fruit tea.  Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf actually brews my choice of green tea, which is made from tea leaves and mixes it with soy milk to make my latte.  Perhaps you were confusing my statement with Starbucks, which uses a green tea powder and some sort of sugar liquid.  This digresses from the original topic at hand, however.

The point stands, I think the ipad is as good as a drink that I find brilliant.  Opinions may vary, but no need to insult someone. 

Message 15 of 26
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I find it insulting that you think my green tea latte is on par with a fruit tea.  Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf actually brews my choice of green tea, which is made from tea leaves and mixes it with soy milk to make my latte.  Perhaps you were confusing my statement with Starbucks, which uses a green tea powder and some sort of sugar liquid.  This digresses from the original topic at hand, however.

The point stands, I think the ipad is as good as a drink that I find brilliant.  Opinions may vary, but no need to insult someone. 

It was not intended as an insult, more a joke  Smiley Very Happy  Tea purists would insist that green tea contains green tea leaves and hot water, nothing else  Smiley Very Happy

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 16 of 26
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

My desktop Mac sits on the desktop at home, and the iPhone fits in my pocket. That's fine, but otherwise I don't like carrying stuff. Neither my hands nor my shoulders enjoy being crowded, and my mind is most at ease when peacefully focused and free of distractions.

When that's said, the iPad is a very smooth device, and I often stop by Apple stores on my way and check it out. I was even in downtown San Francisco for the new iPad release. And because all of the rumors, my Apple stock earnings are an iPad many times over.

Let the good times roll. Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Just pulled the trigger on a black 32Gb Wifi + 4G Verizon iPad. At first I didn't want to cough up the extra $130 for the option to go in via Verizon, but I could easily see a time when I was in a WiFi-less area and cussing myself out for not having the option of a backup. I plan to be on WiFi most of the time, though.

It was sort of a Goldilocks thing. My laptop is often too big, and my iPhone is definitely often too small (the forums are a nightmare), so I'm hoping an iPad will be just right.

Techno-overkill, to be sure. Smiley Tongue

Anyway, now I wait for UPS/FedEx, unless I can jump on a store order late tonight.

Oh, and I'm looking at a ZaggFolio keyboard case to go with it, because touchscreen keypads get old really fast. Anyone have any experiences and druthers?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 18 of 26
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Just pulled the trigger on a black 32Gb Wifi + 4G Verizon iPad. At first I didn't want to cough up the extra $130 for the option to go in via Verizon, but I could easily see a time when I was in a WiFi-less area and cussing myself out for not having the option of a backup. I plan to be on WiFi most of the time, though.

It was sort of a Goldilocks thing. My laptop is often too big, and my iPhone is definitely often too small (the forums are a nightmare), so I'm hoping an iPad will be just right.

Techno-overkill, to be sure. Smiley Tongue

Anyway, now I wait for UPS/FedEx, unless I can jump on a store order late tonight.

Oh, and I'm looking at a ZaggFolio keyboard case to go with it, because touchscreen keypads get old really fast. Anyone have any experiences and druthers?

https://www.miniot.com/webshop/?page=miniotcover

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 19 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Repo-ed wrote:

https://www.miniot.com/webshop/?page=miniotcover

Whoa, that's pretty cool-looking! Wish it came with a keyboard, though. I get tired of the boop-boop-boop of virtual keyboards.

Oh, and I was able to find a store within an hour of home that is supposed to have the type of iPad I want in today, so I canceled the shipped order and hope to get my sweaty hands on one this afternoon.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.