cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is WoW worth trying to shoot your wife AND go to jail over?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is WoW worth trying to shoot your wife AND go to jail over?

I don't understand this game. For the last 6 weeks DH has been glued to his chair playing.

Today was our anniversary and *most* times a bouquet of flowers and a nice dinner would be great.

What did I get? I asked him to please stop playing so we could spend SOME time together, but I could tell he was already trashed on booze.

He went in our bedroom and grabbed his glock and pointed it at me, threatening to shoot me. I was able to bite him and get free. I had my cell phone in my pocket and dialed 911 and the police were here in no time. He has since been carted off to jail after finding his LOADED gun(glocks  have no safety on them)  Not to mention the fifth AND empty pint of crown.

Anyone else have to deal with these types of additctions? How did they turn out?

My landlord told me I would have to either move, lease is not in my name, or rent a 1 bd which cost 300 more. I can't afford this and I don't have anyone left in my family to help me. I'm scared, hurt, furious all at the same time.

Sorry I had to post this here, but I have no "real" friends as I spend all my time at home. I've been sick and it limits the things I can do and places I can go.

Any suggestions, words of encouragement are more than welcome. Thanks to all you guys!
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is WoW worth trying to shoot your wife AND go to jail over?

Stef. I don't have a clue what wow is, but my advice to you would be go get as far away from this man as humanly possible. I don't know where you are located, but I'm certain there has to be a shelter in the vicinity that will help you until you can get more suitable accomodations.  Having been there,  anything is better than being in an abusive relationship. Get out as fast as you can.
Do you know how long before he is released?  If I can help find you a place, I certainly will make phone calls to try to find you a place where ever you are, but it is imperitive you get out. PM  me if you need help finding a place. Do you have children?

Message Edited by ObsessedwithmyFico on 07-10-2008 06:20 PM
Message 2 of 34
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I am very sorry for your situation but, you may not like what I am going to say.  From what you wrote I feel there is more than just the WoW going on.  You seem to be in a volitale situation and you need to remove yourself from it as soon as possible.  Why wait till he actually fires that glock at you.

Get out while he is incarcerated and go to a domestic violence shelter.  I would rather be alive and sick than dead, any day.  And if you have children, what is it doing to them.

Go while you can and get help.

I know video games can cause problems in households, but this is going way too far.

Message Edited by guiness56 on 07-10-2008 06:01 PM
Message 3 of 34
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Wow, sorry to read this! Aren't you in hiding from your first husband?

I thought this husband was active duty military. Do you have any options there?

edit to add: WoW = World of Warcraft, I think.

I'm guessing that the Crown Royal is the real problem, and the obsessive gaming is just a symptom.

I'd get into AlAnon for you and AlaTeen for your kids.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 07-10-2008 06:37 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 34
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If he is active duty military, the fact that he went to jail at all is going to get the ball started.  The local police have to notify his 1st Sgt or what ever his branches equivalent is.  They will know that she called 911 and is more than likely listed as a domestic violence issue. 

Use his chain to get all the support you need.

I agree with the alcohol being the issue, not WoW.

Message Edited by guiness56 on 07-10-2008 06:39 PM
Message 5 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anybody know how to contact Stef? I am really worried about this and will try to  help her get OUT! She's not responded and that worries me.
Message 6 of 34
marty56
Super Contributor

Does someone have access to her email here and possibly the city that she lives in.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dealt with both marijuana and alcohol addiction. It does not turn out well. It ended with two pets being beaten to death, PTSD for me, Reactive Attachment Disorder for my oldest child, and him allowing a "friend" to stay in our house, who then robbed a Bank of America a few blocks from the house, which meant we were both implicated as well. I had my work life as well as my personal life invaded by police & FBI trying to make sure I was not involved, even though I had recently moved out (finally realized he was AWFUL). I was quickly cleared, but it was horrible.

The "friend" is now in prison for 44 years. 

My ex is now homeless, still a raging alcoholic & weed addict, and has never attempted to support his children in any way. We last heard from him six months ago. Of course, this is a good thing as he is dangerous and I really don't want to be bound to him by child support.

It's been four years since I left, and I could never have imagined the life I have now. Of course, before I got in deep with the ex, I could have never imagined the awful life I had then...

Feel free to PM me for my email address. Also, you might want to check out this support forum:

http://groups.msn.com/narcissisticpersonalitydisorder/homepage.msnw   ... while your husband may not have NPD, many people struggling with drug & alcohol addiction will behave as a person with narcissistic personality disorder while under the power of their addiction. Plus, it's just a good place to get support from other women (like me!) who have been there, done that, and are either in the process of leaving, or have recently left and seeking support to stay GONE.
Message 8 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, go to the police station or call the deputies who responded -- I'm sure one of them left their business card. Ask them where the local Battered Women's Shelter is. Make clear to them you want the secret Battered Women's Shelter, NOT the regular Homeless Shelter.

The BWS is private, and kept secret so your husband cannot find you. And, it's not a giant gym with cots... they are very nice beautiful homes for women to stay at and get their lives together. When my daughters and I went, I was expecting some dirty icky place filled with drug addicts, honestly. Instead, it was like a bed & breakfast.. granite countertops, beautiful setting, updated furniture... we didn't ever want to leave!! It will give you time to clear your head, find resources for counseling, and save your money so you can eventually move into your own apartment.
Message 9 of 34
_andClimbing
Contributor

I'm sorry you are going through this.

As with any addiction, he will have to go all the way to the bottom before he will begin to get better. In the interim, please don't kid yourself into thinking you can help him. You don't have to take my word for it...but I hope you do.

There are resources available to help in or near every community. I recommend going to Alanon. Even if you can't relate to the people who attend the meetings, they will be VERY knowledgeable about where you can turn for help - and they will be all too happy to point you in a safe direction.

God bless.
5/11/08 FICOs: EQ - 551
8/6/08 FICOs: EQ - 659, EX - 663, TU - 683
Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.