cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is WoW worth trying to shoot your wife AND go to jail over?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is WoW worth trying to shoot your wife AND go to jail over?

Thanks for the support. Sorry I went MIA, the police dept and of course, his 1, which turned into 2 phone calls were to beg me to get him out. NO!!!

So, he can do his time there and reflect on the mistakes he has made. No, this is not the first time he pulled a gun on me, the M-4 as a matter of fact, but he took the bolt out. Like I know what that means. He pulled the trigger and I pee'd myself. NO, I didn't think it was funny OR cute.

I am a pretty passive person and what he says goes. Normally we get along, but he has a huge tendency to lie to me. Especially about drinking. It's so bad, I can tell by the way he walks and talks how much he has consumed. At this point, I don't think I can stay with him. My goal, my "bucket list" was to be able to get a house so his 2 son's from a previous marriage (she dumped them when they were around 1 and 6 months) His aunt and uncle have them. Last week, we discussed out credit getting in a much better Rate, he said, "Oh well". The kids are better off with the aunt and uncle. These boys are as close to me as my own children and it pains me to see him act this way. Immature is not even close to how he acts. It truly breaks his kids hearts ,as well as mine.

I guess I can X that on off my bucket list, although it was the one I truly wanted to have before I die.

After calling back up to the SO to speak to a really good friend of mine, thinking he would do what he always does best, I was told by another deputy that my friend finally suscumed to brain cancer a couple of months back.

It's a crappy day all around.
Message 11 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

We do have shelter's here as well. I'm just mad I spent all my money on bills for an apt I won't be allowed to live in!
Message 12 of 34
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Stef, I'm really sorry to hear about this. That is terrible.

You need to get out of there, as soon as feasibly possible. You should file charges for brandishing a firearm, and attempted murder. You do not point a gun at someone unless you are willing to kill them. People doing stuff like that makes people like myself look really bad.

You didn't get him out of jail, which is the right decision. However, the downside for that is that he may come looking for you when he gets out.

You should consider getting a pistol, and a permit to carry one, if your state allows it. What state do you live in? I read about situations like these all the time in the gun newsletters, and they never end up good for the spouse.

You have a big heart, and I've read lots of your posts helping people with the questions here on the forums. Perhaps there is a friend you can stay with for a bit?

And WoW in and of itself is harmless, even though I hate it. There are more deep seeded issues at play here.
Here we go again...
Message 13 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have my own glock and a permit to carry. (It's not that hard in louisiana to get one. I have been run through the ringer when having the state police do a back ground check for my gaming license. It was similar except for having to take the classes)

I *doubt* he would try to hurt me again at this point (maybe I am in denial) but after a night or 2 in jail may make him realize what ALL he has to lose. His job(s), family, respect from those in his unit.

I do have a friend in florida, he is very close to me (and HATES my husband) He said I am more than welcome there. Bad thing is, my daughter is 2 yrs from graduating and I don't want to up root her, nor do I want to leave her with friends and have my husband attack her, since I left for florida.

He's in for the night atleast, but it may be Monday before I judge set's his bail. Guess who has his wallet?? Smiley Tongue

One day he will learn to stop screwing up. Life is too **bleep** short.
Message 14 of 34
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I do have my own glock and a permit to carry. (It's not that hard in louisiana to get one. I have been run through the ringer when having the state police do a back ground check for my gaming license. It was similar except for having to take the classes)
I *doubt* he would try to hurt me again at this point (maybe I am in denial) but after a night or 2 in jail may make him realize what ALL he has to lose. His job(s), family, respect from those in his unit.
I do have a friend in florida, he is very close to me (and HATES my husband) He said I am more than welcome there. Bad thing is, my daughter is 2 yrs from graduating and I don't want to up root her, nor do I want to leave her with friends and have my husband attack her, since I left for florida.
He's in for the night atleast, but it may be Monday before I judge set's his bail. Guess who has his wallet?? Smiley Tongue

Well that's good you have a permit. Did you see my gun thread on that by chance? What kind of Glock do you have?

Yeah, sounds like it's a complicated situation. Isn't it always when kids are involved? I'm just turned 27, so I know I should start settling down here soon. But I still don't think I can give up my rock and roll career and become a "normal" person.

Of course, there is also the possibility he could get released via PR. Have charges been filed?
Here we go again...
Message 15 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well that's good you have a permit. Did you see my gun thread on that by chance? What kind of Glock do you have?

Yeah, sounds like it's a complicated situation. Isn't it always when kids are involved? I'm just turned 27, so I know I should start settling down here soon. But I still don't think I can give up my rock and roll career and become a "normal" person.

Of course, there is also the possibility he could get released via PR. Have charges been filed?

I have a glock 27 (40cal)   We also have a glock 23 (which the police now have)  a glock 22, an M-4, Beretta Storm, and a 380.

He's gone to jail before for gun charges (not against me) so I doubt he will be released via PR. The Officer filed the charges against him, the box where I could have initialed is not. They said THEY were going to do the filing and I suppose they meant it.

All of this for my nagging on him to stop drinking so much and get off the world of warcraft for a break. Was it too much to ask really?? I'm terminally ill, I don't have too many birthday's and anniversaries left, so, to me they are VERY important.

I'm  not one to throw in the towel and demand a divorce, but right not, as cloudy as my judgement is, it may be for the best considering how things are going. I physcially drained from trying to please him in all respects and get nothing in return but heart ache.

PS. Any SO that try to sign up for this game, I highly suggest you run far far away.
Message 16 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

ivyalmighty wrote:

http://groups.msn.com/narcissisticpersonalitydisorder/homepage.msnw   ... while your husband may not have NPD, many people struggling with drug & alcohol addiction will behave as a person with narcissistic personality disorder while under the power of their addiction. Plus, it's just a good place to get support from other women (like me!) who have been there, done that, and are either in the process of leaving, or have recently left and seeking support to stay GONE.

Wow Ivy, so much of this rings true. I just thought he was a selfish person, no feelings for anyone but himself. I've had to gloat some these last 4 phone calls he's made, begging me to bond him out. No! He is in dire need of a lesson and I will be calling his Sgt tomorrow and let them know he needs to go into a program NOW.

A few months ago, due to drugs and booze, he fell out at drill and had to be taken to the hospital since he had a seizure. He naturally failed his drug test and his Major ordered him into rehab OR ELSE. Guess what he chose to do? Nadda. They keep him because we need people.Swept the whole incident under the rug.  I beg for help and I am just the whining wife. I don't get it. I guess when he kills somone, MAYBE they will actually DO something.

As far me, as much as I hate to leave him, I just don't see how I can continue with this kind of treatment. I scheduled an appt for my attorney on the 18th and he said "Good!" That alone should show me how much he cares for me.

Message 17 of 34
marty56
Super Contributor

I asked myself what I say to one of my sisters if she was in the same situation as you were in and I would do the move even with uprooting your daughter.

Remember we are kinda of an extended family here.  Most of us have never meet each other but we still get to know each other as well as if we did.  We fight and argue here but we are still family and family always support each other.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 18 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

marty56 wrote:
I asked myself what I say to one of my sisters if she was in the same situation as you were in and I would do the move even with uprooting your daughter.

Remember we are kinda of an extended family here.  Most of us have never meet each other but we still get to know each other as well as if we did.  We fight and argue here but we are still family and family always support each other.

Thank you Marty, and everyone else who responded. It means alot. I don't have alot of friends. I stay to myself and my immediate family (what's left of them).

I'm still voting to boot him. My daughter and I don't need this drama.
Message 19 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I vote boot him as well, for your sake AS WELL AS your daughters. Remember she is watching and learning from your actions and this could have an affect on how she handles future relationships.  Best of luck to you.
Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.