Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It finally happened...

tag
sterl1002
Valued Member

It finally happened...

Until I discovered myFICO last fall I was a avid debit card only user. Well I went to a local club with some friends that only took cash, so I went to the ATM and put my debit card in and that's when it happened.... I couldnt remember my PIN number! Smiley Surprised I sood there for about 5 minutes thinking and staring at the machine, and it was a no-go. 

Forintately one of my buddies was able to spot me some cash and I went into the bank branch across the street from my apartment the next day and had the number changed to something I *hopefully* wont forget! Anyone else have this happen to them? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

Re: It finally happened...

@sterl1002 wrote:

Until I discovered myFICO last fall I was a avid debit card only user. Well I went to a local club with some friends that only took cash, so I went to the ATM and put my debit card in and that's when it happened.... I couldnt remember my PIN number! Smiley Surprised I sood there for about 5 minutes thinking and staring at the machine, and it was a no-go. 

Forintately one of my buddies was able to spot me some cash and I went into the bank branch across the street from my apartment the next day and had the number changed to something I *hopefully* wont forget! Anyone else have this happen to them? 

^^^^

That's ok, your friend saved the day, just don't forget when your bills are due

Message 2 of 8
BigBS
Senior Contributor

That's classic! Smiley Very Happy

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 3 of 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Well I did come back from a long business trip, went to the office and kept putting my debit card number in the security system, and kept wondering why it would not work..... Smiley Sad

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@MidnightVoice wrote:

Well I did come back from a long business trip, went to the office and kept putting my debit card number in the security system, and kept wondering why it would not work..... Smiley Sad

Last time I went to a club, I wish that was all that happened.  I wound up on stage,, singing.... it wasn't pretty cause my friends recorded it.  Still comes back to haunt me from time to time.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 8
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I can never remember my pin number now. I just write a check when I need cash or go through the drive thru teller.
Message 6 of 8
azguy13
Senior Contributor

I had to find my old wallet in my nightstand just to FIND the debit card. I needed to to go to Sams Club and then I realized they take Discover anyways so there was no need. I think the only way I will remember the PIN is to tattoo it on my hand. I guess using it once every 6 months isnt enough to get my brain to work hard enough to remember it Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 8
sterl1002
Valued Member

@Shogun wrote:

@MidnightVoice wrote:

Last time I went to a club, I wish that was all that happened.  I wound up on stage,, singing.... it wasn't pretty cause my friends recorded it.  Still comes back to haunt me from time to time.

Thanks Shogun, for reminding me it things could  have turned out worse Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.