Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's Chase vs. Churners, line in the sand

tag
redpat
Senior Contributor

It's Chase vs. Churners, line in the sand

Chase has drawn a line in the sand and they are taking on who they feel are card churners.  

We can different opinions but Chase is restricting individuals that have more than 5 cards, including AU cards for CSP, Freedom and Ink cards.  They are protecting their UR program and you need one of their premium cards to transfer for UR points.  Slate isn't a reward card, strictly a BT card.

I can only imagine if you received a CSP card and then went over 5 cards later in the year, will they close your account?  Who knows?  I would beware though.

Cap One maybe doing this with their Venture card because it is their biggest sign-up bonus card.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: It's Chase vs. Churners, line in the sand

It's their program, their cards. They can do what they choose, especially if they feel these "churners" are hurting their bottom line.
Message 2 of 38
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Nothing you can really do about it.. Not really worth worrying about it..  If they close my CSP or Freedom so be it, that is why you gotta diversify.  I wouldn't be happy and sad, but you can't worry about what might happen and worry about it.  What happens will happens if anything.  Just speculation.  They already lost the bonuses (meaning I have earned it already along time ago), so no point in canceliling the card on their side as I put 1500 a month through the CSP so they are making money off me.. Be kinda dumb actually.  Anyways, just my 2 cents on this thread.

Message 3 of 38
northface28
Established Contributor

Good for Chase, I for one am tired of the consumer entitlement, rewards abuse, etc.

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 4 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redpat wrote:

Chase has drawn a line in the sand and they are taking on who they feel are card churners.  

We can different opinions but Chase is restricting individuals that have more than 5 cards, including AU cards for CSP, Freedom and Ink cards.  They are protecting their UR program and you need one of their premium cards to transfer for UR points.  Slate isn't a reward card, strictly a BT card.

I can only imagine if you received a CSP card and then went over 5 cards later in the year, will they close your account?  Who knows?  I would beware though.

Cap One maybe doing this with their Venture card because it is their biggest sign-up bonus card.

True. But someone got a CSP with 6 cards in the past 2 years.  I'm not a churner.  Just recently found out what that was on here.  I have a Freedom card since Nov. and they're not taking it away.  They can see from my reports that I do not churn.  I got the cards I wanted.  Don't care if they don't like it.  Cap One & I have history.  They most definitely know I'm not a churner.  I have 2 Venture's with 20k limits each.  And still have my old QS card with it's 2k limit.  I also use all of them.  They are a great bank.  I didn't get the cards for the bonuses.  I got them because of their liimts and if I feel like spending 10k, np.  Two thumbs up to Cap One!!!  Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

True. But someone got a CSP with 6 cards in the past 2 years.  I'm not a churner.  Just recently found out what that was on here.  I have a Freedom card since Nov. and they're not taking it away.  They can see from my reports that I do not churn.  I got the cards I wanted.  Don't care if they don't like it.  Cap One & I have history.  They most definitely know I'm not a churner.  I have 2 Venture's with 20k limits each.  And still have my old QS card with it's 2k limit.  I also use all of them.  They are a great bank.  I didn't get the cards for the bonuses.  I got them because of their liimts and if I feel like spending 10k, np.  Two thumbs up to Cap One!!!  Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

Nobody here accusing you of churning. Only the lender's can do that, and they will if they believe you are. 😀😁😂

Message 6 of 38
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Why even bring this up?  Seems like these threads come up every few months.. If no one is getting AA by Chase currently, why try to make people worry?  Kinda silly to me.   As stated they can do what they want, but no indication they will be cancelling existing peoples accounts.  The policy only applies to people that are applying to new CSP/Freedom/Slate, not the Co-Branded cards.. Have you seen any policy changes in recent people with the cards already, being 5 off more in the last year losing their accounts, nope..  Could it happen and they got ape bat on people, yes..  Why speculate...

Message 7 of 38
redpat
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Nothing you can really do about it.. Not really worth worrying about it..  If they close my CSP or Freedom so be it, that is why you gotta diversify.  I wouldn't be happy and sad, but you can't worry about what might happen and worry about it.  What happens will happens if anything.  Just speculation.  They already lost the bonuses (meaning I have earned it already along time ago), so no point in canceliling the card on their side as I put 1500 a month through the CSP so they are making money off me.. Be kinda dumb actually.  Anyways, just my 2 cents on this thread.

I think you are righ,t out of our control.  It is what it is.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 8 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think this affects people as much as everyone thinking. The last few days it seems like everyone is taking it just fine. A denial is a denial to me, nothing to get fired up about. Not to mention, most people outside of these forums won't open up 5 cards in a 2 year span.
Message 9 of 38
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@northface28 wrote:

Good for Chase, I for one am tired of the consumer entitlement, rewards abuse, etc.

Says someone with lots of reward cards!   Remember, to the "normal" person, someone with that many cards must either be in debt or doing something very fishy.

I think everyone should be allowed 1 (capped) rewards card per lifetime, and when they reach the cap for the month, quarter, year, they have to wait for the next period.   HAving several is simply being greedy and abusing rewards.

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.