red259
Super Contributor

Re: It's Chase vs. Churners, line in the sand

@northface28 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

Good for Chase, I for one am tired of the consumer entitlement, rewards abuse, etc.

Hmm and I'm tired about all the people complaining about consumer entitlement and rewards abuse. Seriously what business is of yours what goes on between a lender and their customer? Am I borrowing your money? You act like Chase doesn't know what's going on. Like they are stupid or something. Its a massive bank. If there is rewards abuse they shutdown accounts. Its that simple. All I see is you taking joy in the idea that people can't get additional cards. All those people are entitled consumers and abusing rewards? I've never closed any of my chase cards. I never broke any of the chase rules. Chase has never closed my accounts., but because I have more than a certain number of accounts in the past two years I can't get one of their cards. But hey I'm glad your happy. 

They dont owe you anything, if you dont like their game, take your ball and go home.

I never said they owe many anything. I just don't see what business it is of yours. 

I dont know, its a public forum and I can offer my perspective as I see fit.

True and I can offer my perspective on your perspective. Smiley Tongue

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 21 of 38
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@northface28 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

Good for Chase, I for one am tired of the consumer entitlement, rewards abuse, etc.

Says someone with lots of reward cards!   Remember, to the "normal" person, someone with that many cards must either be in debt or doing something very fishy.

I think everyone should be allowed 1 (capped) rewards card per lifetime, and when they reach the cap for the month, quarter, year, they have to wait for the next period.   HAving several is simply being greedy and abusing rewards.

Thats like, your opinion, man. 

Um no it's not really.   More pointing out that there is a spectrum, and what you consider acceptable others may consider abuse, and vice-versa.  <1960s mode>Pretty heavy, man....</1960s>

Message 22 of 38
redpat
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

Says someone with lots of reward cards!   Remember, to the "normal" person, someone with that many cards must either be in debt or doing something very fishy.

I think everyone should be allowed 1 (capped) rewards card per lifetime, and when they reach the cap for the month, quarter, year, they have to wait for the next period.   HAving several is simply being greedy and abusing rewards.

Um no it's not really.   More pointing out that there is a spectrum, and what you consider acceptable others may consider abuse, and vice-versa.  <1960s mode>Pretty heavy, man....</1960s>

The greedy ones are the CCC that came up with this stuff to get more customers.  Chase just doesn't like this game anymore and they made a change.  Now everyone doesn't like it, then move your business to somewhere  else.  I give a lot of credit to churners, it's a grind, "man", lol.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 23 of 38
red259
Super Contributor

@redpat wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

The greedy ones are the CCC that come up with this stuff to get more customers.  Chase just doesn't like this game anymore and they made a change.  Now everyone doesn't like it, then move your business to someone else.  I give a lot of credit to churners, it's a grind, "man", lol.

Churners are a small group. The people who work to maximize rewards don't have a hard time applying for the cards. The grind is when they go to redeem them and trying to get value out of their redemptions. These companies make it difficult to redeem awards and it takes a lot of patience on that end. The only people who I think can legitimately be upset over credit card bonuses are the road warriors who earn status and miles the hard way by actually flying or staying places. Then again they are likely the first ones to sign up for these cards. Heh. 

;
Message 24 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

The greedy ones are the CCC that come up with this stuff to get more customers.  Chase just doesn't like this game anymore and they made a change.  Now everyone doesn't like it, then move your business to someone else.  I give a lot of credit to churners, it's a grind, "man", lol.

Churners are a small group. The people who work to maximize rewards don't have a hard time applying for the cards. The grind is when they go to redeem them and trying to get value out of their redemptions. These companies make it difficult to redeem awards and it takes a lot of patience on that end. The only people who I think can legitimately be upset over credit card bonuses are the road warriors who earn status and miles the hard way by actually flying or staying places. Then again they are likely the first ones to sign up for these cards. Heh. 

Tell me about it. I'm in a hotel every other night. Brutal. Bad for your health and it definitely takes a toll. I haven't gone to work at the same time in year's. I sleep today, work tonight, sleep tonight, work today. Never ending. What a grind being on call 24/7. But it pays the bills. 

Message 25 of 38
redpat
Senior Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

I travel a lot for business and pleasure and I'm not upset in the least.  It's not only churners but also people that are stockpiling credit that plays into this.  These forums seem like an arms race at times, pretty entertaining at times too.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 26 of 38
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

Tell me about it. I'm in a hotel every other night. Brutal. Bad for your health and it definitely takes a toll. I haven't gone to work at the same time in year's. I sleep today, work tonight, sleep tonight, work today. Never ending. What a grind being on call 24/7. But it pays the bills. 

For the people with a lot of stays for work you have to wonder if in their free time they really want to spend it in another hotel room!

;
Message 27 of 38
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

Yep, gotta pay the bills.  Can't wait for my next trip, woohoo.  It was fun in the younger years....

Message 28 of 38
Bman70
Established Contributor

@northface28 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

Here, I added him in for you

image.jpg

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 29 of 38
redpat
Senior Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

For the people with a lot of stays for work you have to wonder if in their free time they really want to spend it in another hotel room!

Um, yes in Ireland on vacation.  Just to sleep after pubing!

Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.