Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's Just Too Damn High!!!

tag
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

Re: It's Just Too Damn High!!!

Cable is too high and health insurance.  When you pay 7200 in health insurance a year and you only see the doctor maybe once or twice a year,  You realize something is too high.  Insurance is a gamble though , when you need it, you need it.

Message 21 of 37
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

@ways2go wrote:

Cable is too high and health insurance.  When you pay 7200 in health insurance a year and you only see the doctor maybe once or twice a year,  You realize something is too high.  Insurance is a gamble though , when you need it, you need it.

Yea, I've always seen insurance as that necessary evil.... But it is too damn high....I must pay atleast 1500$ in different insurance bills. 

Home Owners

DD Renters (off campus housing) 

Life (me, moms, DD) 

2 Cars 

Cell Phones 

Health Insuance (Employer Provided) 

UGH, Sick of it. 

Message 22 of 37
cobbson
Regular Contributor

@ways2go wrote:

It's easy to run up a $150,000+ hospital and doctor's bills in less than a week for a serious illness. If you've shopped around and think you have found the best, considering your individual situation, under the ACA (Obamacare), just pay the bill and be thankful you don't need to use it.

Stay well,

Cobbson

Message 23 of 37
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

We are complaining about Everyday bills in life that are killing our Wallets... I'm interested in know what routine expenses do you find to be "Too Damn High" for the service you're gettting... What category takes the cake.

- Rent / Mortgage 

- Cell Phone / Wireless 

- Cable / Internet

- Gasoline

- Groceries 

- Student Loans 

- Utilities 

- Uncle Sam

Lol cute topic. Smiley Happy

- Rent / Mortgage - pretty good for the area and for what I get. I can't complain. I'd say that what I get, and what is included in my rent makes my price here fair and competitive.

- Cell Phone / Wireless - Good lord, do I ever agree. My bill is outrageous for what I get out of it.

- Cable / Internet- See above. Bundled cable tv/internet and I think that my bill is out of hand. For what I pay, and for what I get- I think my bill should be half of what it is. Unfortunately we only have 2 options here for this service and both are about the same price. I am incredibly unhappy with the pricing and such.

- Gasoline- lol definitely high

- Groceries- not too bad, but I like quality, and I wish that I could get a bit more value here. I suppose I should get into couponing. 

- Student Loans- I'm not sure how I feel here. I guess it is sort of fair, as long as you go the community college route.

- Utilities- I can't complain, as most of these are included in my rent.

- Uncle Sam- In the area I am in, this is very much out of balance. We pay some of the highest tax rates and the roads are a mess, government in general is  a mess, funds are allocated in the most poor way possible, ... I could go on and on and on about how screwed up this is in my county / state.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 24 of 37
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Can't pick one!

Student loans or rather the cost of college.

Rent seems higher than most mortgages to me.

Cable, I refuse to purchase....It's Netflx or redbox when I feel like watching tv.

Food!  It's sad that is is cheaper to eat junk than to eat healthy!

I don't necessary have a problem with the cost of gas, I DO have a problem that most cars still get under 30 miles to the gallon, which is rediculous! 

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 25 of 37
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Car Insurance... Car Insurance.... And Guess What Car Insurance.....

AND UNCLE SAM but cant complain no way out of that one lolz....

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 26 of 37
alk1113
Established Member

I had a perfect Sallie Mae meme response but I don't know how to add it Smiley Happy

NFCU $20K // Navchek LOC $15K // Barclay MC $3K // CapOne $3K // RTG $1500 // Victoria's Secret $750 // Nordstrom $500 // Walmart $500 // // Express $550 // The Limited $550

08/08 EQ 658
Barclay Fico 650 - CK 672
BK7 10/12
Message 27 of 37
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@alk1113 wrote:

I had a perfect Sallie Mae meme response but I don't know how to add it Smiley Happy

it is easiest to get a photobucket account, upload the photo, then click on it and to the right there are links. Select "direct" and it automatically copies it. Then come back here, click the little tree, select the third tab "From another site" and paste the link. Then hit "load image" and finally, hit "Inset Image"

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 28 of 37
alyssamarie
Regular Contributor

For me right now, it's our cell phone bill. It's definitley not anywhere near our most expensive bill each month, but I think it's definitely the most overpriced.

When it's time to pay back our student loans, I'm sure that will definitely take first place!

Discover It $1k | Chase Freedom $1.2k | Barclay Apple $1.7k | Target $1k |TJX Rewards $1k | Walmart $900 | Macy's $800 | American Eagle $750 | VS $750 | LOFT $500 | Express $350 | Cap1 Sec. $200 |

AU: Amex BCP $5k | Barclaycard Arrival $3k | Amazon Visa $2k | Chase Freedom $2k | Discover It $1.5k

Gardening as of 02/04/14
Current TU FICO 701 | Goal 1: 700✓ met on 2/18/14 | Goal 2: 720

Message 29 of 37
alyssamarie
Regular Contributor

@GetTheFico wrote:

Besides taxes I'd say cable/internet.

Recently decided to get rid of the extra, unwatched channels and just keep basic cable/internet.

we are dropping cable too and switching over to just internet, we have hulu plus and netflix already anyways so we don't even watch our cable. That'll save us over $60 a month!

Discover It $1k | Chase Freedom $1.2k | Barclay Apple $1.7k | Target $1k |TJX Rewards $1k | Walmart $900 | Macy's $800 | American Eagle $750 | VS $750 | LOFT $500 | Express $350 | Cap1 Sec. $200 |

AU: Amex BCP $5k | Barclaycard Arrival $3k | Amazon Visa $2k | Chase Freedom $2k | Discover It $1.5k

Gardening as of 02/04/14
Current TU FICO 701 | Goal 1: 700✓ met on 2/18/14 | Goal 2: 720

Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.