Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's "and", not "an"!

tag
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: It's "and", not "an"!

@llecs wrote:

i dont see what the big deal is it's no big deal. theres nothing wrong with a few typos and the grammer police arent comming or anything like that. Dont let it bug you so much. its just a bunch of words on youre screene. in the begining i was also a grammerisque authoritarian and would go as far as to copy and paste and put it into MS Word just to catch my gramar mistakes. Now i feel I can relax with you guys (your the greatest!) and hang loose i know that you wont judge me because we are friends and i know we can always kick back and shoot the breaze and talk fico and smurfs and super long threads with one word in each post. Piece yall.

hehe...  smurfs...   Taste like chicken!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't bother me when people do it on purpose (see above), but it's extremely annoying that people beyond a 5th grade education make those types of mistakes don't know the difference.

Message 22 of 30
clocktick
Valued Contributor

I know this is late but when people mistake lose and loose, it drives me up a wall!!!  I loose my patience!

Smiley Very Happy

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 23 of 30
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

When posters

don't seem

to grasp

the concept

of word wrap

and always

have short,

choppy sentences.

It's ok

to  run

a  sentence

all the

way across

the page!!

Message 24 of 30
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

I don't feel so bad now; I was beginning to think that I was the only one I knew who was "picky" about English.  Smiley Very Happy

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 25 of 30
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Never misunderestimate the affect of a discussion thread with good posts like these.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 26 of 30
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

Yeah, you shouldn't let it effect you so much!

I see what you did there. Smiley Wink

Message 27 of 30
casmith1980
Established Contributor

This is definitely a post I can relate to. 

I work with educated people (at least on paper) all day and their constant grammar problems annoy me.  Here's an email I received from a plans examiner with the buliding department:

I'm dun

Approved FPR routed for consolidation with plan package. There appear to still be a couple of aspects not completed; the ventilation alternate (which will affect the mechanical permit), architectural and electrical.

now u can kwit buggin me (well at least on this won. I'm sure you'll find sum thin else two bug me on, like that udder won u sent me this am.)

later

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure this was some kind of joke, but really, how unprofessional must one be to allow an email like this to leave their place of business?

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 28 of 30
gijoe4500
Regular Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

Never misunderestimate the affect of a discussion thread with good posts like these.

Affect and effect drive me nuts.  Another that bugs the hell out of me is "orientating."

Starting Score: MyFico TU: 621 EQ: 610
Current Score: Discover TU: 829 Discover EX: 827
Goal Score: 700's baby! (made it 4/10/2013!)
New Goal: 830!!
Message 29 of 30
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

--->  Affect and effect drive me nuts.

Me too !  Kinda like ensure and insure.  Smiley Very Happy

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.