Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Advice?

tag
Nightfallx
New Contributor

Job Advice?

there isn't really a section but this relates to money and finances so.

anyways, I am have 2 potential jobs one is a toyota carsalesman for a wealthy part of memphis,TN and the other is a bank teller. I think the bank teller position offers at least 10$ an hour and is full time. the car salesman is commission which one should i choose?

in my wallet:
Amex Zync : NPSL (main card always pif)
Discover More: 6,500$ (no balance)
Chase Sapphire : 5000.00$ (no balance)
Citi Thank You Card backed by Amex 8,200$ (no balance)
Amex Blue Cash 21,000$
Best Buy Store Card : 5,700$ (I'm a nerd so used a lot)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Job Advice?

Moved to SmorgasBoard.

Message 2 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The way things are now days, I would go for the bankteller job.  Does it offer any benefits?

Message 3 of 5
quest208
Frequent Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

The way things are now days, I would go for the bankteller job.  Does it offer any benefits?

+1

what kind of schooling do you have OP?  that is, if you dont mind me asking.

the point that im trying to make is although i dont know what your goal is, teh bank teller position can be your doorway to get into banking and finance.   unless your goal is to get into sales, then obviously the dealership is probably a better idea.

is this long or short term?

i say bankteller

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 4 of 5
nonsonic

Selling cars is a short term job so if your looking to improve your people skills in 3-6 months then I would take a chance on selling cars. I sold cars for a couple of months and it really helped my people skills as you will talk to people of all works of life. One more thing they will tell you that you can make tons of money its all a lie most cars are sold at or below invoice and the wealthier the surrounding demographic the less profit per vehicle ( the buyer is more informed about pricing, rebates, better credit etc ) .

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.