Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs in the credit industry?

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Jobs in the credit industry?

I really enjoy understanding how credit works and like to give people advice on how to improve their credit. Friends seem to take that advice with a grain of salt. Probably because that's not my line of work. I did some research to see how much credit consultants make. Not that much. About $30K. A Credit Analyst makes about $50K per year in my area. Credit manager is listed at about $40K. I guess that would also depend on what kind of business they are in. I wouldn't want to work in an automotive finance department. They generally don't have the customer's best interest in mind. 

I guess I'm trying to see if I can make some money while doing something that I enjoy. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Jobs in the credit industry?

Those salaries are about right.  It also depends on your location.  In NY, a financial advisor in a branch makes about $60-70k plus benefits.  To really make money in finance, you need to be at a high level or work for a hedge fund.

Message 2 of 3
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: Jobs in the credit industry?

I love payscale

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.