Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jury Duty

tag
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

Re: Jury Duty

@Anonymous wrote:
Got the letter in the mail today from the sherrifs office...... I have jury duty the week of thanksgiving Smiley Sad

Believe it or not, that's a great time to be called. Judges have families too, they don't like to work during holiday time either. Except unlike most of us, they can just say "No cases today, everyone go home."

I once got a summons for New Year's Eve. Strangely they told me there was no need to come in... Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Jury Duty

Driver's licenses, vehicle licenses and even property records are sometimes used for selecting jurors.

Registered to vote at 18, got called at age 30, just as I was moving outta state. Didn't serve.

Finally served 2 years ago at age 39. Didn't make it onto a jury panel, but I came close. SVP case - Sexually Violent Predator. Civil committment. They called 120 jurors to get the final 12 and 2-3 alternates. I made it down to among about the last 18-19. Missed it by THAT much.

Company I worked for then paid us for jury duty, so I was happy to be there. Case prospects were very chilling, but I think I was up to the task.

Here in Washington state, the court has to check your firearm if you have a concealed carry license. That was kinda fun. I got to bring my gun to court.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.