Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Need To Vent...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just Need To Vent...

Hi All!!

So on Aug 31st, I went to the dealership with a 10k approval letter in hand. Was shown a car,  I looked at the carfax, it's certified used GREAT! I put down $200 just so it can be held while we wait for the check to come in. Check came in, I drove the car. Car drove smooth and sounds GREAT! ISSUE air conditioner isn't working, only blows hot air! Saleman told me AC may need to be charged (figured he meant cleaned). Told me they would fix it, detail and clean the car, and it would be ready the next day (today).

I get to the dealership, car isn't ready, it takes an hour upon my arrival for the salesman to tell me that the Fan needs to be fixed. Was asked I could bring the car back because service was "packed" and if I set a day to come back he can have a space ready for me when I dropped the car off. I told him to find out how long it would take to fix. It took another 20-30minutes for him to tell me not how long it would take to fix, but that they are fixing it now. Ok...fine. Another 30-45minutes goes by with no update and the salesman has walked by me several times without speaking. The last time he walked by I called to him to ask for an update. When he didn't come back for 20 or so minutes my sister and I left to get something to eat, Told the receptionist I was stepping out and I would be back. 10minutes after I left I get an email saying they had to order parts that the car won't be ready today and that I can't take the car. I get back to the dealership and wait 20minutes for him to come and speak with me. He reiterates that the car isn't fixed yet, that I can't take it.

I must stress here that I have said several times that not only did I make plans but that I was to start a new job (second) TOMORROW! He states he is sorry that he will see about rental. I tell him that is fine, but I won't be paying for it as none of this is my fault. He goes and speaks to his manager. Salesman comes back a short while later telling me he just got into an argument with his boss. He then says there is nothing he can do about the car it's not fixed yet, they can't give me a loaner because "they don't have any", and I would have to pay to rent a car. He states that they are fixing the car the repairs cost about 4k (WHAT) and asked if in would rather have the car blow up or have them fix it to like it's new, this is AFTER I stated that this stuff should have been fixed before it was put up for sale. I ask for the manager, he was no help at all. All that was offered was a ride home. 

I did ask for a different car and the sales man returned less than 5minutes later saying there aren't any in my price range. I did ask for my check back and I was told it was deposited already and the person who does that stuff won't be back on until Tuesday (same day the car won't be ready till)! 

I NEED a car for work...what should I do? Is there anything? I am unable to start my new job tomorrow, which means I may lose it. Will find out about that tomorrow morning. 

SORRY FOR THE LONG PARAGRAPHS, ANY ERRORS!! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Callandra
Valued Contributor

Re: Just Need To Vent...

Ugh, geez, what a nightmare. I'm really sorry. Smiley Sad I would say DEFINITELY do not lose your job over this -- try calling your boss or whomever you need to talk to and try explaining the situation. Most employers are very understanding; see if you can either rent a car (sucks you have to pay for it) or if someone can bring you to work for now. Get your money back from those crooks and get a car elsewhere. Escalate your complaints (also document what you have to spend to rent a car) to the manager of that place and see if you can get compensation. Being noisy on social media (Yelp, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) tends to help as well. I hope things work out for you. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been shopping around for a while. I have been looking at their reviews on Google and will look at Facebook and Yelp to see.

I took off work for a week...to de-stress and find a car. To Only end up more stressed and without (maybe) a car.

I will be contacting Nissan Support via Twitter and Phone tomorrow To see if I can get some help!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Used cars. One man's treasure? One man's nightmare, apparently.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is HORRIBLE. I would get a quite on a rental and let the dealership know the price, and tell them you are taking them to court for the cost of the rental, and time lost at work due to their negligence. And that I would also be contacting the BBB and all social media sites. They are literally trying to sell you what is probably a lemon and they can't even loan a car out. If all the loaners are gone, I can only imagine its due to the amount of junk they sell. Sorry and hoping it gets better for ya.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check Lemon Laws for your state.

BBB those sons of a female canine.

Call anyone/everyone you know for a ride to work.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uber (20% off with a QS) / Taxi? 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.