Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a quick question idk if its relevant or not

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick question idk if its relevant or not

I was putting my CC's in my new wallet today and I noticed that some of my cards have my middle initial and some dont.  Is this a problem.  My concern is with my Cap 1 cards My QS has no middle initial but my Platinum does? Should I call and get my middle initial taken off the card?  Thanks for reading my post as always comments and advice welcome.  Have a Blessed Day 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just a quick question idk if its relevant or not

shouldn't matter. it can say jane doe and people will run it the same.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought things online, forgot my middle initial, the purchases go through with it or without for the most part. If you typo your last name sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't--but it goes through more often than when your phone number is wrong. I really need to clean up my equifax, I have 3 spelling difference of my first name alone. Jeff is a really tough one.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You for the reply, I just wasnt sure ya know all this ID theft going on and people stealing information I wondered if it would be a problem with two different names on the cards from the same company 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I could see how they could make a mistake with that name very unique almost never hear people named Jeff 

Message 5 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

In the 'real world' the initial won't make a difference, but if you ever want to 'combine' your accounts it's been said that the names have to be identical. 

When the time comes, if it's a problem it can be easily updated by a CSR, so there's nothing to be concerned about.  Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.