Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a "rant"

tag
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Just a "rant"

This is just a vent/rant.

I am being bombared with electronic messages from a person (and their buddy) to do them a HUGE favor that only benefits them.  (electronic messags becuase they don't have the courage to talk to me on the phone or meet me in person.)

The same person (and buddy) have been avoiding me for months after refusing to take responsibility for their screw up and throwing me under the bus.

I have to interact with both occassionally.  I have been polite and distant when I have been forced to interact with them.  They have gone out of their way to avoid me, to include leaving meetings early.

I am really having to draw on inner strength to remain polite.   It's been really challenging lately!

Please help me keep living the Golden Rule!

Ok, I am done.  I don't feel any better, but I kinda got it off my chest.  For now, I am shutting down and not responding to the messages.  Not the nicest thing to do, but I don't want to reply in anger/frustration/angst.  The people, in my opinion, need to take personal responsibility for their actions (they didn't before and are not now) and stop the "it's never my fault" mantra (which they won't.)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Callandra
Valued Contributor

Re: Just a "rant"

Sorry to hear about this situation. 

I would say ignore them (can you block the electronic messages?). Sometimes it's best to just ignore it and eventually it'll go away. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just a "rant"

Oh oh oh! I know how you feel.

Last two weeks before my time is done in current job..before I even hand in my two weeks..my manager schedules me six days straight, a day off and than another five days a week.

I almost want to be a fly on the wall for the weeks after I'm gone because she's come to depend on me so much and because of my tendency to be a pushover has really abused (but in a pc way) me which is why when I got recruited I didn't even hesitate to jump ship.

She tells me it's a compliment to me that she won't let me transfer because she values me that much

Really she just wants me to work while she does "paperwork" 25% of the time and spends the rest of the time floating around and doing stuff like looking at watches or glasses online.

One day we had to stay later to accommodate a client with about six to seven figures account so whatever..we get out late..I had to be at the office the next day at 8:30 and she was suppose to come in at 9:30..decided that because her stomach hurt she was going to go in at 10:30 am instead

Awesome

There was a complex account and she hella rushed it to be done while I'm here so she doesn't have to do it.

Fantastic.

That's just the tip of the iceberg but I've already been so over this and I hate having the negativity spill out to family and friends whose nice about it but probably sick of it too
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.