cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just cashed in Cap1 pts for Christmas GC's!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Just cashed in Cap1 pts for Christmas GC's!

What you do get your parents who already have everything, dont need anything, and of course are older??  Why GC's to go eat out of course!!

Ive noticed my parents over the last year eating out a lot more , mainly because my mother is getting tired of cooking bigger meals.  She's older, and my father is much older, and with no kids at home anymore because we are all grown, they dont spend much time in the kitchen. 

So, I decided to cash in all my points I had on one of my cards, and got them several GC's to places they like to eat!!  Ill give them one gift this year, and its a small box with several different GC's, and I threw one in to AMC theaters for a movie!  

I thought my idea was lovely, and now they can go have some nice meals on me. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just cashed in Cap1 pts for Christmas GC's!

@pizza1 wrote:

What you do get your parents who already have everything, dont need anything, and of course are older??  Why GC's to go eat out of course!!

Ive noticed my parents over the last year eating out a lot more , mainly because my mother is getting tired of cooking bigger meals.  She's older, and my father is much older, and with no kids at home anymore because we are all grown, they dont spend much time in the kitchen. 

So, I decided to cash in all my points I had on one of my cards, and got them several GC's to places they like to eat!!  Ill give them one gift this year, and its a small box with several different GC's, and I threw one in to AMC theaters for a movie!  

I thought my idea was lovely, and now they can go have some nice meals on me. Smiley Happy

Perfect. Smiley Happy What a thoughtful gift...

Message 2 of 10
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Great thoughtful idea. 

Message 3 of 10
happypill
Valued Contributor

Did you use Venture points for GCs?

Message 4 of 10
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Get someone a gift they can actually use? How dare you be so considerate. Seriously though that's cool and thoughtful.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's so thoughtful, I'm sure they will enjoy that.  There are always some pretty great movies out for the holidays too!  Perfect!👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! Hope they enjoy the dinners and a movie Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 10
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

you are a VERY thoughtful daughter! 

I like JackStack gift cardsSmiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 10
ddemari
Super Contributor

very nice! I remember cashing out a lot of ventureone miles and getting a big stack of gift cards in the mail. That was fun! haha.

Message 9 of 10
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Great gift idea.   And you do the same thing as me.  Typically I save up all of my points, and cash back from my credit cards to use for my xmas shopping.  By the end of the year, I typically have enough to do all of my shopping so xmas gift giving for me is "free".

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.