cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just received the new Lexus Comenity Card today!

tag
waiter
Regular Contributor

Re: Just received the new Lexus Comenity Card today!

I just tried shopping cart trick for this card... did not work.Smiley Sad

Message 21 of 29
indiasnowden
Regular Contributor

Did it come with a new Lexus? Congrats on the card.

Starting Score: 'All three mid 500s as of 1/1/16
EQ: 633 6 TU: 644 EX: 634 as of 3/11/17 via MyFico
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@indiasnowden wrote:
Did it come with a new Lexus? Congrats on the card.

Yes, back in 2002. Now we have 3 Lexuses. 

Message 23 of 29
icyhot
Valued Contributor

They need to get a rewards card for Kia Smiley Happy I'd be all over it by next year

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 24 of 29
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Indeed. And if you noticed, the card only has a $2900 credit limit.

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

ah does come in signature version..

THIS! How come no one is wondering why you got Visa Sig with 2.9K? I thought Visa was STRICT with the no VS <5K rule. Are they loosening up now too, to where Visa Sig doesn't mean anything?

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 25 of 29
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@14Fiesta wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

THIS! How come no one is wondering why you got Visa Sig with 2.9K? I thought Visa was STRICT with the no VS <5K rule. Are they loosening up now too, to where Visa Sig doesn't mean anything?

There have been many instances where this has not been the case.. we're no longer in a world where it's a hard rule.. same goes for WMC/WEMC. Just depends on the card/issuer.

Message 26 of 29
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@Kenny wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

There have been many instances where this has not been the case.. we're no longer in a world where it's a hard rule.. same goes for WMC/WEMC. Just depends on the card/issuer.

Maybe I've been missing something totally recently, I knew MC was loose with their tiers, but the last time I checked, Visa was still being picky about the 5K rule. Can this happen with new applications now? Like if I apply and get 3K for X card, there's a possibility it could be a Siggy? Can I try upgrading my $3.4K Chase to a sig, or is this where the "depends on the card/issuer" part comes in?

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 27 of 29
TroysMom1
Contributor

Congrats!  I never knew such a card existed.  Did you cold app or do the cart trick?  If you did the cart trick, how'd you go about it?  It's not as if you can put a car in your shopping cart...or, perhaps you can. 

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TroysMom1 wrote:

Congrats!  I never knew such a card existed.  Did you cold app or do the cart trick?  If you did the cart trick, how'd you go about it?  It's not as if you can put a car in your shopping cart...or, perhaps you can. 

I...have no clue about that.

Card was issued when I was 5 years old.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.