cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinda happy my scores are finally going up but they are confusing!

tag
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Kinda happy my scores are finally going up but they are confusing!

2012 I had mid 450s scores.  I dont know how my scores broke 600 or how one of them is near 700 but its just kind of nice to see it changing Smiley Happy  Even tho its only been 2 months actively worrying about my credit it seems adding credit lines made a huge difference.  The reason I get declined on major cards is 90% of the time not enough trade lines reporting, not enough time with credit.  So hoping after this year I can app and get the "good" cards.

All of my CLI's should come up around october/november in time for christmas shopping, then paying those off with taxes!

Happy about it because I have 3 unpaid judgements, 1 paid, 2 newish charge offs for medical totalling about 600 from 2012.  (going to pay for delete on the charge offs if they will and the judgements all fall off the report next year, hoping I can pay them and not have them renew for another 6 years or 7 or 10 whatever they do.

(The good is a 3500 paid secured car loan from years ago and my AAoA was 11 years until I added all the cards in my sig and 3 closed accounts that were in good standing from early 2000's)

The bad thing is now I want a new car next year because my credit is getting good enough to apply for a loan.  My current car has a myriad of problems that Ive been slowly fixing and coming to the realization that fixing it is going to cost more than it did to buy it and it still may run like crap and a new car with 5 year warranty does not sound too bad at all.  (especially since some of the cars im looking at new are only 15k)

Anywho I am just bored at work and thought id share my useless info Smiley Happy  Thanks for readin Smiley Tongue

(I havent had an updated TU fico score so its still low)

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

Re: Kinda happy my scores are finally going up but they are confusing!

@japakar wrote:

2012 I had mid 450s scores.  I dont know how my scores broke 600 or how one of them is near 700 but its just kind of nice to see it changing Smiley Happy  Even tho its only been 2 months actively worrying about my credit it seems adding credit lines made a huge difference.  The reason I get declined on major cards is 90% of the time not enough trade lines reporting, not enough time with credit.  So hoping after this year I can app and get the "good" cards.

All of my CLI's should come up around october/november in time for christmas shopping, then paying those off with taxes!

Happy about it because I have 3 unpaid judgements, 1 paid, 2 newish charge offs for medical totalling about 600 from 2012.  (going to pay for delete on the charge offs if they will and the judgements all fall off the report next year, hoping I can pay them and not have them renew for another 6 years or 7 or 10 whatever they do.

(The good is a 3500 paid secured car loan from years ago and my AAoA was 11 years until I added all the cards in my sig and 3 closed accounts that were in good standing from early 2000's)

The bad thing is now I want a new car next year because my credit is getting good enough to apply for a loan.  My current car has a myriad of problems that Ive been slowly fixing and coming to the realization that fixing it is going to cost more than it did to buy it and it still may run like crap and a new car with 5 year warranty does not sound too bad at all.  (especially since some of the cars im looking at new are only 15k)

Anywho I am just bored at work and thought id share my useless info Smiley Happy  Thanks for readin Smiley Tongue

(I havent had an updated TU fico score so its still low)

Congrats on your upward score and ability to improve.  Good hunting on your car.  Perhaps you should look at one of the certified pre-owned vehicles with a warranty.  I'm not into cars, but I'm sure they exist.  Buying a good pre-owned car would keep you from paying all that depreciation.  There are plenty of people who lease new cars every two years. I like the VW commercial where the guy tells the lady  something like"watch out for our car," when she's getting in her car with a cup of coffee, because he plans on buying the car when she turns it in at the end of her lease.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
milkshakes
Regular Contributor

99% of the time leasing a car provides the least bang for your buck. grats on your success so far -- id try to hold out a tad longer and try to pay off the rest of those before picking up another line.

12k                    10k                     5k                 12.5k (AU)                 6k                   NPSL                   12k
Message 3 of 7
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@milkshakes wrote:

99% of the time leasing a car provides the least bang for your buck. grats on your success so far -- id try to hold out a tad longer and try to pay off the rest of those before picking up another line.

Right, but since there are plenty of people who do, the OP can get one of their pre-owned cars when they turn in their car after their lease.  I wasn't meaning for OP to lease. I was advising OP to buy a used car that was certified. Where the original lease holder or owner paid all the depreciation.

Message 4 of 7
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Thanks!

Yeah used pre-owned or new I dont much mind.  I just want a warranty to cover some issues powertrain or something.  Still need to look into that.

I repair my own cars and sell once the repair cost is more than the car (or close to it) so a newish car with warranty will be very nice!  Tired of buying 1996's Smiley Tongue

(Plymouth Voyager 96, ended up transmission broke day after I bought it, it broke again a year and a half later, oil in air filter somehow, oil on spark plugs, oil leaking out of some vacuum tubes, junkyard.  1996 Ford Taurus, headgasket and freeze drain plug blew, not worth paying to have engine removed and I dont have the time for that to have no car, sold to dealership who put in stop leak and resold.  Geo Storm 91 non stop issues with CVs or clutch system, ended up repairing enough to work and selling for 500)  None of my cars have lasted more than a few years Smiley Tongue  Next year I would love to find one thats going to last me until my kids are 18.  (8 years atleast)

I was dumb and re apped for barclays, chase and amex.  Reason for denial was only too many inquiries in last 12 months.  So looks like the cards reporting has fixed the not enough accounts and not enough payment history.  Smiley Happy  1 year from now i can get those!  (but Ill try in november this year)

Message 5 of 7
milkshakes
Regular Contributor

@bdhu2001 wrote:

@milkshakes wrote:

Right, but since there are plenty of people who do, the OP can get one of their pre-owned cars when they turn in their car after their lease.  I wasn't meaning for OP to lease. I was advising OP to buy a used car that was certified. Where the original lease holder or owner paid all the depreciation.

yeah, didnt say you were. you just mentioned a couple options (i personally go preowned route every time) side by side and just wanted to mention that financially you get less value on a lease

12k                    10k                     5k                 12.5k (AU)                 6k                   NPSL                   12k
Message 6 of 7
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@milkshakes wrote:

@bdhu2001 wrote:

@milkshakes wrote:

yeah, didnt say you were. you just mentioned a couple options (i personally go preowned route every time) side by side and just wanted to mention that financially you get less value on a lease

No problem.  I just wasn't sure if the way I typed made my suggestion misunderstood. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.