Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Gas Card in the Car = Wise?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Leaving Gas Card in the Car = Wise?

Wallet was stolen from car.  I would say don't leave valuables in the car. No matter what.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had one of my cars broken into in my own driveway...I don't leave anything in a car that's not parked in the garage, including the garage door opener.  Used to have a company car, we HAD to leave the Clark Oil credit card above the driver's sunvisor in its little waxy-paper sleeve, because we rotated cars periodically and they didn't want the cards to go missing. 

I have had some real POS cars, and I always wondered if it would entice someone to steal the car if I left a gas card on the dash...worth more for the insurance company to pay out than I could have sold the cars for...

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol cincydavid!

Message 13 of 15
marty56
Super Contributor

No problem.  Just let me know when it will be parked and unlocked.

Seriously, I wouldn't do that.  Between getting the car serviced, washed, and sticky fingered passangers - I wouldn't do it.  Also from a FICO score prospective, you don't want the card canceled over this.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I hear a drop in credit score anyone? seriously never leave anything in your car even in the country your car broken into however if your into leaving stuff in the car why not leave the car door open too? ahaha omg!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.