Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lender Score Not as Good as MyFico?

tag
kisbel65
New Contributor

Lender Score Not as Good as MyFico?

I left six months ago and now I am back. I was getting my credit scores from my lender (Wells Fargo). I came back today and was happy to see that we now have Experian scores/reports. I also noticed that my scores a a bit higher on FICO. I want to purchase a home next year and want to be sure the scores I have are accurate. Should I also continue to purchse my scores from my lender?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Lender Score Not as Good as MyFico?

Other than EQ, the scores from this site are not the same as the ones used by most mortgage lenders.  TU is 98 and EX is 08.

Your EQ, which is Beacon 5 is the same and should be the same score provided by WF

Message 2 of 10
kisbel65
New Contributor

Does that mean that FICO is not as good as Lender?

Message 3 of 10
KoolDev
Regular Contributor

WF pulled this Eq Fico Score as well for me a month ago.   It all goes back to what the particular lender pulls.  In my case 2 of my 3 banks use the same as the score provided here.   They should be able to tell you what score they pull.

My Sock Drawer: Care Credit $4200-0, JCP 2100-0, Chase 3000-0, Chase Freedom $4500.00-0, WF $1000.00-0.00
In Use: NFCU Visa Sig $17.5k- 0.00k
I still have too MANY CARDS
Starting Score 538
Current Score Oct 30-14 701 fico Eq-- 745 Fico Tu-- 713 Fico Ex
Message 4 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 6 of 10
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

similar thing here lender pulled showed a 698, barclay shows a 628

Message 7 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@kisbel65 wrote:

Does that mean that FICO is not as good as Lender?

No, it doesn't mean that at all.  There are 49 different versions/models of FICO scores.  Each one is just as good as the other for the model/version used.

The EQ score from myFICO is the same model/version mortgage lenders use.  As for other creditor/lendors and what they use, it could be any of the 49.

Message 8 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

If OP, was using this service from WF, it says they are using Vantage

About the Free Credit Score Promotion

all Wells Fargo consumer customers have access to a free, no-obligation Experian® custom VantageScore® and a complimentary credit report. Customers can take part by visiting any Wells Fargo location and asking a Wells Fargo banker for a brochure containing a personal access code. After customers review their credit score and credit report, they may choose to meet with a banker to discuss their credit situation. Typically, if consumers wish to check their credit score, they pay a flat fee or sign up for a service, such as credit monitoring, and pay a fee.

2 With the Wells Fargo Free Credit Score promotion, you receive a personal access code to check your current Experian custom VantageScore® up to five times over a 90-day period. As of 3/1/13, the price is $7.95 for a one-time custom VantageScore score. Retail value to get this score five times is $39.75. After accessing your score five times, you will receive a message that you have reached the limit. Your score will reflect the credit score from your 5th access and will not be updated. However, if you continue to access your credit report, it will contain updated credit information.
Message 9 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
If OP, was using this service from WF, it says they are using Vantage   Mortgage scores?

About the Free Credit Score Promotion

all Wells Fargo consumer customers have access to a free, no-obligation Experian® custom VantageScore® and a complimentary credit report. Customers can take part by visiting any Wells Fargo location and asking a Wells Fargo banker for a brochure containing a personal access code. After customers review their credit score and credit report, they may choose to meet with a banker to discuss their credit situation. Typically, if consumers wish to check their credit score, they pay a flat fee or sign up for a service, such as credit monitoring, and pay a fee.

2 With the Wells Fargo Free Credit Score promotion, you receive a personal access code to check your current Experian custom VantageScore® up to five times over a 90-day period. As of 3/1/13, the price is $7.95 for a one-time custom VantageScore score. Retail value to get this score five times is $39.75. After accessing your score five times, you will receive a message that you have reached the limit. Your score will reflect the credit score from your 5th access and will not be updated. However, if you continue to access your credit report, it will contain updated credit information.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.