cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens Crafters and Care Credit FIASCO!!!..

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Lens Crafters and Care Credit FIASCO!!!..

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:
Which MOD moved this to smorgs????????????? This happens to be CC related, " CARECREDIT" hello!!!!!

Im over this...Im getting ticked

It was not about a specific feature of the card, but a gripe on official company policy.

IS THAT RIGHT...I guess anyone who carries the carecredit card , which is A LOT of peeps here, wouldnt want to know that their card could be carbon copied at Lenscrafters if they used it there?  I guess thats not good info  to give out anymore...my apologies to EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MODS  you can just lock this thread I dont care

Message 11 of 26
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:
Which MOD moved this to smorgs????????????? This happens to be CC related, " CARECREDIT" hello!!!!!

Just because a sentence includes a credit card doesn't mean it should be in the credit card forum. If you have concerns, my PM box is open. This is the correct place for this thread.

Message 12 of 26
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

It was not about a specific feature of the card, but a gripe on official company policy.

And I doubt it's a company policy. It's an individualized experience at one random store, so in my opinion, this forum is the correct forum for it. (The whole notion that this forum is inferior baffles me. I reply in it as much as I reply in CC.)

Message 13 of 26
Callandra
Valued Contributor

^I've always wondered why so many people don't like Smorgasboard? Is it because posts don't count towards your post count total?

As for copying a card that won't swipe (although, that's weird..I don't have CareCredit, but I assume it has a magnetic strip like all other cards?), copying it is standard practice in retail. That's to cover their butts in case something gets charged back. When I worked at American Eagle, that was policy and I did it many times and no one ever made a big deal of it. Not sure about the case of QS without the raised numbers (never ran into that). 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 14 of 26
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Pizza, I think you're overreacting a smidge here...think back....20 years ago this was the normal way of processing payments with cards. You wanted to make a purchase, the electronic system for whatever reason wasn't working, so they had to offer to use the backup. I don't understand why you made a big scene and demanded they hand you the card. It doesn't sound like they were rude or anything, just trying to process your payment.

Just not seeing what the big deal is. Yes, fraud is a concern, and that's why the "knuckle busters" with carbon copies are out of favor, along with advances in tech, but that said sometimes retailers and buisnesses have to fall back on the older methods when new ones fail. One of the stores I worked at a couple years ago had a knuckle buster for when the power went out.

Point is, I really do not see the reason why you got so hysterical over it, but eh. Whatever.

Message 15 of 26
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Callandra wrote:

^I've always wondered why so many people don't like Smorgasboard? Is it because posts don't count towards your post count total?

As for copying a card that won't swipe (although, that's weird..I don't have CareCredit, but I assume it has a magnetic strip like all other cards?), copying it is standard practice in retail. That's to cover their butts in case something gets charged back. When I worked at American Eagle, that was policy and I did it many times and no one ever made a big deal of it. Not sure about the case of QS without the raised numbers (never ran into that). 

I think it's a combination of that and also the traffic pattern is lesser somewhat. 
Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

IS THAT RIGHT...I guess anyone who carries the carecredit card , which is A LOT of peeps here, wouldnt want to know that their card could be carbon copied at Lenscrafters if they used it there?  I guess thats not good info  to give out anymore...my apologies to EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MODS  you can just lock this thread I dont care

It is good information, the tone is unnecessary though.

Message 17 of 26
ttleigh
Regular Contributor

I kind of think this should be in the credit card forum. I was really nervous the first time I used my care credit. Granted I would have checked like pizza did but it is good info to know that you may have to push the issue to get the card accepted. I had issue the first time using the card too and I actually think it's something designed into the card that the first use is difficult because the girl swiping it said "is this your first time using it? There's a special thing we have to do the first time" she didn't tell me what but then it went through. So anyway this thread could help people who get care credit save face from a decline
Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually come to this forum to see if anything interesting is posted. I don't always post in here, but I do read it.
Message 19 of 26
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

FB_IMG_1436426687933.jpg

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.