Regular Contributor
Volpes

Looking for a decent account for cash deposits. . .

[ Edited ]

I'm working a 2nd job (part-time weekend :smileysad: ), and I'm paid a low wage with tips. I've also sold some items on craigslist.

[removed]

I'm probably rambling on too much, but since I've decided to close my Huntington account that leaves me with: no way to deposit cash (tips & craigslist).

I'm leaning towards either

Alliant Credit Union

DCU (credit union)

Neither of those two credit unions have branches in my area (Indianapolis, IN), but they are part of a network of surgecharge ATM access. Apparently I can make deposits at some of these ATMs - http://www.atmallianceone.org/allianceone/FAQ.asp

Am I missing something here? 

Feel free to recommend a decent local central Indiana bank, but I'm really leaning towards Alliant. I eventually want to re-finance my auto loan, and CU's seem to be the way to go.

Shogun

Re: Looking for a decent account for cash deposits. . .

You could deposit them in my account.  :smileyhappy:

Seriously, if you have a CU that's local, it's a benefit to have a good working relationship with them.

Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
Regular Contributor
Volpes

OK, but I will just need your account # :smileytongue:

. . . well, I'm not a big fan of my local credit unions. I may just go with KeyBank for their $200 bonus. My scores aren't where I want theme to be, so until then I will consider a CU (re-finance auto loan, move up to some "nicer" credit cards)
Regular Contributor
Volpes

I guess everyone hangs out in the credit card forum?

Well, KeyBank says I don't qualify for their $200 bonus

https://www.key.com/personal/promotions/dda/200cash.jsp

So I went with a credit union instead, NASA FCU. . . Even though they are not in my area, I can make deposits at local ATMs

Once I improve my credit profile, and have a steady relations with a CU, I'm hoping to re-finance my autoloan and get approved for a CC with one credit pull.

Shogun

I'm a member of NASA FCU.  They have quite a few offerings.

Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
Regular Contributor
Volpes

[ Edited ]

Great... my Score Watch just notified me I have a new inquiry; guess from who? KeyBank :smileyfrustrated:

I don't get it, I never completed the application. I exited the browser, couldn't find a way to cancel the application. I'm trying to garden here, and the squirrels keep bothering me.

Regular Contributor
Volpes

I'm wondering, Is it not unusual that a bank runs a credit report for opening a checking account?
Regular Contributor
Volpes

ok, apparently I can not make cash deposits to NASA FCU in my area. I went ahead and opened a PNC savings account. Comes with a bank/ATM card, 3 free withdrawals a month. I thought about opening a checking account with them, but I figured they wouldn't care for my business plus I want to keep things simple.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+