cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for an iPod/MP3 player that will hold a whole bunch of music, and nothing else.

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Looking for an iPod/MP3 player that will hold a whole bunch of music, and nothing else.

haulingthescoreup wrote:

To rattle your daughter, you should borrow an iPod, don some of those 1970's eensie basketball shorts (think Richard Simmons!), and send her a picture of you grooving away with the iPod. That might frighten her into silence! Smiley Wink Maybe with a bandanna folded into a headband.

edit to add: and then post the picture here, please!

A)  No.  Smiley Happy

B) Having lived in London in the sixties and seventies gives me a lot of street cred  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 11 of 17
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: Looking for an iPod/MP3 player that will hold a whole bunch of music, and nothing else.

I use Pandora Radio, it's free.
Message 12 of 17
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Richard Simmons Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy  They would definitely have to have stripes.
Message 13 of 17
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Just to add:  I have an original Zune 30GB and I love it!  I took it on the cruise last year and was forced to add ABBA before we left.  One of my 50'ish friends was seen sitting on the deck JAMMIN' herself to death.  (There was a LOT of alcohol consumption that day -- I ended up missing the NCAA finals that night.)  The poor thing was so loopy that she couldn't figure out how to switch albums -- so she only had ABBA for about an hour.  Way too funny.

My Zune does video, but I rarely put that on it (amazing picture, tho).  I'm such a nerd tho, I'll d/l MSNBC podcasts and listen to them.  I love the pictures feature!  I have a gazillion hours of music on that thing -- everything from 2 Live Crew to the Dead, Natalie Cole, Jack Johnson, etc.  I bought a Zune card and d/l'd oddball songs so I would know how to do it.

The only reason I got one in the first place was I saw exactly how amazing (and purposeful) they were while riding on a bus w/ 55 eighth graders for 3 days straight.

Smiley Happy

haulingthescoreup wrote:

To rattle your daughter, you should borrow an iPod, don some of those 1970's eensie basketball shorts (think Richard Simmons!), and send her a picture of you grooving away with the iPod. That might frighten her into silence! Smiley Wink Maybe with a bandanna folded into a headband.

edit to add: and then post the picture here, please!

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 05-01-2008 04:32 AM

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 14 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

The only reason I got one in the first place was I saw exactly how amazing (and purposeful) they were while riding on a bus w/ 55 eighth graders for 3 days straight.

Smiley Happy

Few things in life are sweeter than the sight of a bus-full of 8th graders, ear buds in place, bobbing their heads away in absolute silence. Especially by the third day!

On the other hand, few things are more horrifying than the sight of a sloshed mid-lifer, so wiped out that she's doomed to listen to endless cycles of ABBA. Smiley Tongue Yikes!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 17
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

Smiley Happy

Just downloaded two books and another six hours of music to my IPod in preparation for four days and three nights with 34 eighth graders.

Earpods....PRICELESS

atlast....now, where did I leave the aerosol Xanax?
Ficos 2/17/08: TU 551 EQ 534 EX 587
Ficos 2/12/09 TU 695 EQ 715 EX 715
Fico...4/15/10....drumroll.....EQ 743
Message 16 of 17
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

A wonderful friend of mine you say about kids: The things you have to put up with when you don't have a gun. Smiley Happy She was a superb mother and her kids turned out just fine.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.