Reply
Blogger
HiLine
Posts: 3,072
Registered: ‎10-19-2012

Re: Looking for feedback on my blog's design

Thanks a lot for your comments! I like what I've been hearing, and my blog is already attracting more than 100 views a day, so I'll let the current design stay :smileyhappy:

Senior Contributor
jsucool76
Posts: 3,665
Registered: ‎12-11-2011

Re: Looking for feedback on my blog's design

Its quite nice. I actually just applied for the boa travel rewards card, so was googling about it and your blog came up. Thought I'd let ya know. Lol
>
Valued Contributor
dodfire
Posts: 1,453
Registered: ‎04-14-2012

Re: Looking for feedback on my blog's design

Impressive!!!!

*8/10/13
Established Member
nickf4rr
Posts: 62
Registered: ‎01-11-2013

Re: Looking for feedback on my blog's design

I'd tighten up the bar at the top so it only shows one row as a menu, and I'd make the headline font the same font as you use in your opening...and bigger at that!

 

Other than that, good job!  Way to go keeping up a blog!

Starting Score: 01/12/2013 EQ 683
Current Score (myFico): 5/8/13 TU 734, EQ 738 05/04/13 EX 722
Last App 05/3/2013 - Off to garden for the rest of the year!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge / myFICO Forums Common Abbreviations
Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 2,999
Registered: ‎10-02-2012

Re: Looking for feedback on my blog's design


nickf4rr wrote:

I'd tighten up the bar at the top so it only shows one row as a menu, and I'd make the headline font the same font as you use in your opening...and bigger at that!

 

Other than that, good job!  Way to go keeping up a blog!


+1 

single row is important

 

Also, some sort of separation between the body info on the left, and the links on the right. 

 

I grew up in western Washington...how you liking Seattle?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k          $8.5K          Closed          $19k         $6.5k           $24.2k        Closed          $5k         Closed       $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Blogger
HiLine
Posts: 3,072
Registered: ‎10-19-2012

Re: Looking for feedback on my blog's design


dodfire wrote:

Impressive!!!!


 Thanks! :smileyhappy:


nickf4rr wrote:

I'd tighten up the bar at the top so it only shows one row as a menu, and I'd make the headline font the same font as you use in your opening...and bigger at that!

 

Other than that, good job!  Way to go keeping up a blog!


Took that advice immediately. Thanks for the feedback!!! 


Dustink wrote:

nickf4rr wrote:

I'd tighten up the bar at the top so it only shows one row as a menu, and I'd make the headline font the same font as you use in your opening...and bigger at that!

 

Other than that, good job!  Way to go keeping up a blog!


+1 

single row is important

 

Also, some sort of separation between the body info on the left, and the links on the right. 

 

I grew up in western Washington...how you liking Seattle?


Do you mean I should put something between the two "columns"? Like a thin vertical line? 

Seattle's greatness closely correlates with the weather. Or maybe it's just my mood that correlates :smileyhappy: How do you like your new home city?


jsucool76 wrote:
Its quite nice. I actually just applied for the boa travel rewards card, so was googling about it and your blog came up. Thought I'd let ya know. Lol

Very encouraging! Thanks! ... I'm glad you didn't go with Yahoo or Bing search. These two search engines almost never turn up a search result from my blog ... not sure why.:robotfrustrated:


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}