Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to Relocate to Austin

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking to Relocate to Austin

This isn't an exciting smorgasboard topic, but didn't know where else to post. I have it in my head to relocate to Austin, TX!

Simply I want to be under contract for my new house when I move there...

Anyone know the Austin area and ends of town to stay away from?? The particular house I have in mind is 4.6 miles SE (barely South) from Downtown where my job would be @ Congress Ave & 6th...

Thanks,
Melissa
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Client9
Regular Contributor

Re: Looking to Relocate to Austin

SE Austin is kinda sketchy.  But it is cheap.  East Austin is da hood so to speak.
If you want super nice, move to Tarrytown 
Message 2 of 21
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

This isn't an exciting smorgasboard topic, but didn't know where else to post. I have it in my head to relocate to Austin, TX!

Simply I want to be under contract for my new house when I move there...

Anyone know the Austin area and ends of town to stay away from?? The particular house I have in mind is 4.6 miles SE (barely South) from Downtown where my job would be @ Congress Ave & 6th...
----------------------------------------

I've heard East Austin isn't the best place. Most of the crime reported on the local channels happen in East Austin. I would look toward North Austin or NE Austin.  I'm right outside of Austin near Round Rock and the Georgetown area,  very safe and very affordable and a short drive to Austin (20-30 minutes). You'll love Austin and this area, jobs are plentiful and the place is seriously booming. Come on down and see why they say "Keep Austin Weird" Smiley Very HappySmiley Wink 

Message 3 of 21
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I love Austin.  It has been years since I lived there and do not remember the town very well but, would move back in a minute.  Lots of things to do and see.

Message Edited by guiness56 on 05-29-2008 10:40 PM
Message 4 of 21
marty56
Super Contributor

I live in San Antonio.  Austin is one of the music capitols of the country but I would like to live there.  Traffic on 35 sucks.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 5 of 21
Client9
Regular Contributor

Like I said East Austin is the place to move to if you want skeazy drive thru liquor stores and hoods doing hoodrat stuff.  Georgetown is nice, but it isnt Austin proper so to speak.  I liked West Austin, like Tarrytown.  But watch out for Matthew McConaughey
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

This helps! Thank you!

Austin seems to be the place for me to settle down.........Just hoping the current job I am looking at pans out, it's a bit hard to find Commercial Insurance jobs there.

Thanks msKiwi...the houses in the Round Rock and Georgetown area are amazing! Incredible prices for the lot size and quality! You have sold me on the area. I will definitely be looking over there when I travel for my interview.

Message Edited by 1111mel on 05-30-2008 10:41 PM
Message 7 of 21
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

Your welcome.  If and when you do move here let us all know. You could visit the restaurant I manage and of course I'll buy you dinner.Smiley Very Happy
Seriously................. I moved from Indiana to here and love the fact I can wear shorts in Feb!
Message 8 of 21
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

I live in San Antonio.  Austin is one of the music capitols of the country but I would like to live there.  Traffic on 35 sucks.

------------------------
Traffic does suck on 35. The new toll roads are great.
Message 9 of 21
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

MsKiwi wrote:
Your welcome.  If and when you do move here let us all know. You could visit the restaurant I manage and of course I'll buy you dinner.Smiley Very Happy
Seriously................. I moved from Indiana to here and love the fact I can wear shorts in Feb!

Where in Indiana?  Hoosier here myself..  Smiley Happy

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.