Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOUSE NOT WORKING

tag
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: MOUSE NOT WORKING

The more you use your mouse, the faster it eats up batteries..............May want to think about rechargable batteries.
FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 11 of 13
MattH
Senior Contributor

Toshiba has all these ever-so-helpful spots on the mousepad that, if touched just right, suddenly make your computer start doing something you never intended.

I turned off that "feature" shortly after getting my Toshiba laptop.  As for the original poster's question about the mouse, it could be a software or hardware issue with the mouse or with the computer.  If OP still doesn't have the problem fixed one of the things to try is plugging that mouse into a different computer to check whether that mouse still works on a different computer.  Another thing to try is plugging that mouse into different USB ports on the laptop in question, because sometimes a hardware failure will affect only one USB port.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many good points previously posted....here is my list (some maybe redundant to other posts).

1.  Unplug, then replug mouse. 

2.  Plug into a different USB.

3.  Check batteries (if applicable)

4.  Reboot computer

5.  Test the mouse on another computer, test a different mouse on the problem computer and compare results

6.  Uninstall the mouse and driver

a.  go to START -> CONTROL PANEL -> SYSTEM -> HARDWARE -> DEVICE MANAGER

b.  find MICE AND OTHER POINTING DEVICES

c.  see if your mouse is listed (something like USB MOUSE of PS/2 COMPATIBLE MOUSE)

d.  if present,  highlight and then select menu option ACTION -> UNINSTALL

e.  once uninstalled, unplug mouse

f.   reboot

g.  plug mouse in (different port) and see if Windows finds and installs the mouse again

On laptops sometimes there is a button or control to turn on and off the touch/glide pad.  And sometimes when it is turned on, the mouse won't work.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.