Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Man vs Food in San Antonio

tag
marty56
Super Contributor

Man vs Food in San Antonio

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/Host_of_Man_v_Food_takes_on_super-hot_SA_burger.html

Me, DW and some other chilli heads are gonna try one.  Not the contest yet but split one and see if we live to go for it.

If something goes awry, I will my FICO points to HTSU and my BofA TL to my ex-boss.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Man vs Food in San Antonio

I'm rooting for you! And naturally, I hope you survive, but if my scores suddenly take an unexpected bounce, thanks in advance. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wish i could be there i love the show and i love to eat.
Message 3 of 14
MattH
Senior Contributor

@marty56 wrote:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/Host_of_Man_v_Food_takes_on_super-hot_SA_burger.html

Me, DW and some other chilli heads are gonna try one.  Not the contest yet but split one and see if we live to go for it.

If something goes awry, I will my FICO points to HTSU and my BofA TL to my ex-boss.

Way back when I was in grad school, somebody posted on their office door a case report from a medical journal: two brothers had a hot pepper eating contest, and the winner needed emergency stomach surgery.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 4 of 14
marty56
Super Contributor

Actaully I was just diagnosed with acid reflux just when I was transfered to my new office which has far less stress and idiots than my old office.  Go figure.  I asked the doctor about eating hot peppers and he told me no problem.  I suspect though the Ghost pepper burger would not be one of my smarter ideas but if I have my Nexium, some ice cream, and some prep H ready to go, I might just do it.
Message 5 of 14
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@marty56 wrote:

OMG! I've seen this on tv. Good luck!  Seriously..wear rubber gloves and do not touch any part of your body after.

I would LOVE to try this and so would my dh. Maybe next time I'm in SA.

Message 6 of 14
MattH
Senior Contributor

@MsKiwi wrote:

@marty56 wrote:

OMG! I've seen this on tv. Good luck!  Seriously..wear rubber gloves and do not touch any part of your body after.

I would LOVE to try this and so would my dh. Maybe next time I'm in SA.

Especially do not touch any sensitive parts of the body after -- capsaicin on anything sensitive can be very painful.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
Message 7 of 14
marty56
Super Contributor

As I learned to my sorrow in my pre LASIX days when I wore contacts.
Message 8 of 14
MattH
Senior Contributor

@marty56 wrote:

Ouch!  That must have hurt a lot.

Message 9 of 14
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@marty56 wrote:

OUCH!
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.