Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marine Corps birthday coming up

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Marine Corps birthday coming up

Here is a letter I submitted to my local paper and wanted to share it with all of you.

There is no greater honor or privilege than to serve your country in uniform. I believed that when I enlisted in 1969 and I believe it today. If the uniform happens to be that of a United States Marine it doesn’t get any better. You’ve reached the top of the mountain.

The Marine Corps was born November 10, 1775. For 239 years my beloved Corps has faithfully and selflessly defended this nation and each other. We are indeed the few and the proud and the title of “Marine” is something we all embrace and carry our entire lives.

To my fellow Leathernecks I say Happy Birthday and Semper Fi.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

Re: Marine Corps birthday coming up

Semper Fi  Happy Birthday Sir from a second generation Devil Dog combat vet.

Message 2 of 8
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

My personal thanks for your service and sacrifice.

Message 3 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

My Dad is a leatherneck, and his personal car tag on his truck is that, lolSmiley Happy he can't wait to hang his flag on Monday
Message 4 of 8
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Happy birthday USMC.  Thank you MVV for your service.  Let us all remember those  who served in past and present times,  and honor all of those fallen heros'   who fought and died for this great country.   In addition,  we MUST take care of  all of our wounded warriors.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 5 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

Happy birthday USMC.  Thank you MVV for your service.  Let us all remember those  who served in past and present times,  and honor all of those fallen heros'   who fought and died for this great country.   In addition,  we MUST take care of  all of our wounded warriors.

Amen HR!!

Message 6 of 8
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

Happy belated birthday, USMC!  To MVV, my daughter, my sister, and ALL servicemembers and their families: THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

Here is a letter I submitted to my local paper and wanted to share it with all of you.

There is no greater honor or privilege than to serve your country in uniform. I believed that when I enlisted in 1969 and I believe it today. If the uniform happens to be that of a United States Marine it doesn’t get any better. You’ve reached the top of the mountain.

The Marine Corps was born November 10, 1775. For 239 years my beloved Corps has faithfully and selflessly defended this nation and each other. We are indeed the few and the proud and the title of “Marine” is something we all embrace and carry our entire lives.

To my fellow Leathernecks I say Happy Birthday and Semper Fi.

Semper Fi! Thank you for your service and all the other Marines who honored their country with service. We remember we are all in it together... the "brotherhood"Smiley Happy

Signed a US Army Special Forces Vietnam Veteran

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.