Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mark all as read

tag
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Mark all as read

Does any one but me wish that there was a forum wide "Mark all as read" button? There are some sub forums I don't read and I'm not interested in but at the bottom where it shows some new topics, I'd rather see topics from the subforums I DO frequent, so seeing stuff in there from the Business Credit or Student Loan forums etc sort of irks me. So, I then have to go to those forums individually and mark those topics as read.

It's probably silly, nit picky and slightly neurotic, so I'm hoping I'm not the only one that feels this way lol.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Mark all as read

I open the specific forums I want to read then mark the whole board as "read"  Smiley Very Happy

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 10
KaLin
Administrator Emeritus

@notfancy wrote:

Does any one but me wish that there was a forum wide "Mark all as read" button? There are some sub forums I don't read and I'm not interested in but at the bottom where it shows some new topics, I'd rather see topics from the subforums I DO frequent, so seeing stuff in there from the Business Credit or Student Loan forums etc sort of irks me. So, I then have to go to those forums individually and mark those topics as read.

It's probably silly, nit picky and slightly neurotic, so I'm hoping I'm not the only one that feels this way lol.

This is already available on the community home page in the quick links section about half way down the page on the right hand side.

2014-02-17_1335_Quick_Links.png

Message 3 of 10
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@KaLin wrote:

@notfancy wrote:

This is already available on the community home page in the quick links section about half way down the page on the right hand side.

2014-02-17_1335_Quick_Links.png

oooh I'm going to check this out, thank you!

HA! Awesome! How was I so blind to have not noticed this before!! I must have assumed it would be at the top like the individual forum ones... lol thank you so much!

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Message 4 of 10
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Actually I have one-   Is there a way that the MODs can either change the color of the subject lines or something else to alert old threads that are 1+ year & up? 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 5 of 10
KaLin
Administrator Emeritus

@yudeology101 wrote:

Actually I have one-   Is there a way that the MODs can either change the color of the subject lines or something else to alert old threads that are 1+ year & up? 

Unfortunately, no.  That would take a development change in the core software platform to do something like that.  It's not a setting controlled by the mods or admins at this point.

Message 6 of 10
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@KaLin wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

Unfortunately, no.  That would take a development change in the core software platform to do something like that.  It's not a setting controlled by the mods or admins at this point.

ic, thanks for the info...it was just a thought Smiley Wink

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 7 of 10
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

@KaLin wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

bummer

It's funny when it happens. I think it is due to people using the search function to find an answer.. and when the threads from the search come up, they're not in any particular order from most recent to oldest unless you sort it that way,  but rather they come up as what the forum thinks as "most relevant" so a person reads what comes up, and posts their question or reply to it, and bam! Resurrected thread! (of course, that's just a guess on my part)

Message 8 of 10
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@notfancy wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

@KaLin wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

bummer

It's funny when it happens. I think it is due to people using the search function to find an answer.. and when the threads from the search come up, they're not in any particular order from most recent to oldest unless you sort it that way,  but rather they come up as what the forum thinks as "most relevant" so a person reads what comes up, and posts their question or reply to it, and bam! Resurrected thread! (of course, that's just a guess on my part)

Exactly.  That was the reason why i thought perhaps we can do something for the older threads alarming all members

Message 9 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@yudeology101 wrote:

@notfancy wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

@KaLin wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

bummer

Exactly.  That was the reason why i thought perhaps we can do something for the older threads alarming all members

Might be able to lock anything older than a year or two.  I certainly wouldn't want to try to do that without access to the database but while I don't have access to the referers list from personal experience Google takes me to threads several years old here.

        
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.