Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marriott Fast road to gold promo

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Marriott Fast road to gold promo

I had a promo which requires I make four stays within a certain period of time to earn gold status back for 2016 and 2017. The terms define stay as follows:

A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.

Does this mean I have to stay two nights each time to get a stay or is staying one night sufficient? Also, since I was gold last year they will let me buy back my status with points. If I took that option how long would I have gold status for? Looking to hear from people who are actually familiar with marriott promos. Thanks. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
My_Fako
Established Contributor

Re: Marriott Fast road to gold promo

My take on it is, a 4 night stay. 4 in a row. 

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 2 of 5
red259
Super Contributor

@My_Fako wrote:

My take on it is, a 4 night stay. 4 in a row. 

No, that is not it. Four nights in a row is clearly one stay. I asked on another board and was told that I only need to stay one night and it will count as a stay. So I need four individual stays meaning I can switch between properties from one night to the nextand accomplish it within four days. I just can't stay at the same exact property two nights in a row. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 3 of 5
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Sorry I'm super late here red259.

Like you said in the previous post, stays are any night(s) in a specific hotel.

So if you stay at the JW Marriott MyFico Credit Cards for 1 night, that is a stay. If you stay there for 4 nights in a row, that is still a stay.

However, you can stay 1 night in one hotel, then switch, then switch back, then switch again, and that will get your 4 stays. It is the easiest way to do it.

If you have no travel coming up in the near future, look for hotels near you. Some (depending on where you live) might be quite cheap, and you may be able to do some mattress runs for $60-80 a night.

If gold status is worth it to you that is.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

^+1 on the mattress runs. All you need to do is check in. You can go jump on the bed if you want or never step foot in the room.

Just make sure you're staying at a qualifying brand and look for something dirt cheap. You don't have to stay overnight so who cares what it looks like.

I miss my gold status, silver is fine, I still get upgraded sometimes. I'm still working on lifetime gold, just need a few more thousand in spend :-)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.