cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marty's Butt Busta Chili (Not for the squeamish)

tag
marty56
Super Contributor

Marty's Butt Busta Chili (Not for the squeamish)

Yes,

I made a new batch of Marty's famous Butt Busta Chili yesterday using some if DW's clients extra hot Hatch Chilies that he just brought back from Hatch, New Mexico.

Prior to bringing them back, he warned us that they very very hot and I should be extra extra carefull in using them.

Well you know how guys are and one thing lead to another and I used way too much.  It was too hot for me and DW too eat and lets just say the black beans and garlic gave me  "advanced warning" of things to come in the morning.

Anyway, I'm going to try again this weekend.  Those Hatch Chilies were the hotest peppers I have tried to cook with (trust me, I did them all).

They have great flavor and so much eat.

On a side note, Chili made with blackbeans and garlic is not suitable to serve someone on a first date, those with IBS, or when you are the only one eating it.  Also dont eat it if you are going on a long plane trip, carpool, or before a new job interview. 
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Marty's Butt Busta Chili (Not for the squeamish)

@marty56 wrote:

.... Also dont eat it if you are going on a long plane trip, carpool, or before a new job interview.

Have you seen the commercial for whichever hotel chain advertises to corporate road warriors, where they're praised for avoiding broccoli and dairy products for a week before important business trips? I suppose that we can now include black bean chili.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 6
treski
Frequent Contributor

Seriously, have you ever HAD to sit next to someone on a plane who was having a uhhhhhh ... problem?  I was on a twelve-hour flight from Frankfurt to Los Angeles and he must have let one slip 20 times.  I am not exaggerating.  In the beginning I tried to be polite and pretend I didn't notice.  Toward the end, I was shoving my face into that miniature pillow.  Ugh.

I wish he would have just gone to the bathroom. 

Whoa.  Sorry about the long, random, irrelevant response.

Ha ha ha ha.
NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa $25k, USAA MC $3.5k, USAA Amex $3.5k
Message 3 of 6
marty56
Super Contributor

treski wrote:
In the beginning I tried to be polite and pretend I didn't notice.  Toward the end, I was shoving my face into that miniature pillow.  Ugh.

Perhaps I will make a pill version of my Butt Busta chili.  For times like this when you don't  want to get mad, you want to get even.
Message 4 of 6
treski
Frequent Contributor

marty56 wrote:

treski wrote:
In the beginning I tried to be polite and pretend I didn't notice.  Toward the end, I was shoving my face into that miniature pillow.  Ugh.

Perhaps I will make a pill version of my Butt Busta chili.  For times like this when you don't  want to get mad, you want to get even.

I grew up with 3 brothers.  They have been known to force-feed themselves beans out of spite.  Jerks!

LOL.
NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa $25k, USAA MC $3.5k, USAA Amex $3.5k
Message 5 of 6
marty56
Super Contributor

Also is good for those long, stupid meetings at work.  Now if I could only spoof the origin of it, I could pass the blame to someone else, like the person who called the meeting or prolongs it.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.