Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maybe it's just me

tag
nj23
Regular Contributor

Maybe it's just me

But do normal plastic credit cards feel cheap after you've had a card like the CSP that is metal and all fancy?  

FICO TU: 768 (Post-Spree 7/14 Discover FICO) FICO EX: 734 (post-spree 7/6) FICO EQ: 730 (7/15 Lender pull after INQs)
6% utility July 29th. Back into the Garden after a successful spree...for real this time Smiley Very Happy
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Maybe it's just me

@nj23 wrote:

But do normal plastic credit cards feel cheap after you've had a card like the CSP that is metal and all fancy?  

I rather use my freedom than my CSP.CSP scratches too easily 😢. Got an few scratches on mine already 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 23
nj23
Regular Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@nj23 wrote:

I rather use my freedom than my CSP.CSP scratches too easily 😢. Got an few scratches on mine already 

Yeah...I just got my Freedom today, and it actually looks pretty nice (maybe the Signature looks fancier than the non-Sig?)...but it is plastic so it's kind of meh feeling.  Same goes for the BCP, but it is kind of cool that the BCP is largely transparent.  I just wish I could count my Freedom spending toward my CSP for the signing bonus esp. since Freedom is 5% restaurants til the end of the month.  Oh well I should be able to eek it out.  

FICO TU: 768 (Post-Spree 7/14 Discover FICO) FICO EX: 734 (post-spree 7/6) FICO EQ: 730 (7/15 Lender pull after INQs)
6% utility July 29th. Back into the Garden after a successful spree...for real this time Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 23
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@nj23 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@nj23 wrote:

Yeah...I just got my Freedom today, and it actually looks pretty nice (maybe the Signature looks fancier than the non-Sig?)...but it is plastic so it's kind of meh feeling.  Same goes for the BCP, but it is kind of cool that the BCP is largely transparent.  I just wish I could count my Freedom spending toward my CSP for the signing bonus esp. since Freedom is 5% restaurants til the end of the month.  Oh well I should be able to eek it out.  

Freedom is getting an lot of work with restuarants and smoothies this quarter. I am going to get major play from freedom next quarter for Gas!!!!

Message 4 of 23
nj23
Regular Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@nj23 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@nj23 wrote:

Freedom is getting an lot of work with restuarants and smoothies this quarter. I am going to get major play from freedom next quarter for Gas!!!!

Nice yeah...I would do that...except I don't own a car lol.  Maybe I'll ask people to give me cash and let me pay for their gas

Message 5 of 23
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@nj23 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@nj23 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@nj23 wrote:

Nice yeah...I would do that...except I don't own a car lol.  Maybe I'll ask people to give me cash and let me pay for their gas

yeah its almost 100 bucks a week just for gas its quite crazy how much gas costs nowadays. I kind of wish gas was covered by csp travel category 

Message 6 of 23
Stralem
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@nj23 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@nj23 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@nj23 wrote:

yeah its almost 100 bucks a week just for gas its quite crazy how much gas costs nowadays. I kind of wish gas was covered by csp travel category 

I pay $100+ a month just for public transit fare, which thankfully is covered by CSP's travel category.

It takes the sting out of a necessary expense, even if only a little. Smiley Sad

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 7 of 23
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

CSP is on ezpass duty along with MetroCard duty its all scratched up now 😢

Message 8 of 23
nj23
Regular Contributor

Oh wow really? I spend 175 bucks a month on subway and if it counts as travel then I know what I'm putting that on!

Message 9 of 23
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@nj23 wrote:
Oh wow really? I spend 175 bucks a month on subway and if it counts as travel then I know what I'm putting that on!

LOL only have had CSP since may 12 so i am not sure it counts but i thought i read somewhere that trains and parking is covered, so i assume anything MTA related is covered :-)

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.