Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Member status confusion

tag
JamesB95
Regular Contributor

Member status confusion

So, I am a bit confused on how the member system works.

I have saw profiles with less posts than me, less (or no) kudos, and joined more recently than me. I am lost as to why I am still "New Member" when some with 12 posts + 2 kudos get "Established Member".

Now, the reason I bring this up is because I can't add pictures or edit HTML into my signature. I have been posting often and have kudos.. I've been working hard to establish my membership with no luck.

If someone could explain the system, please? Thanks. Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: Member status confusion

Alas, the MyFico member point system is as mysterious as the contents of an Egyptian Pharoh's unopened tomb. All we can know is that our number of posts is only part of the equation. Whether number of kudos have to do with it is another question. Kudos have been around only a few months, but even before that, members could have fewer posts and higher rankings.

I think it has to do with things like content (or at least length) of posts and maybe number of views, but that's pure guesswork on my part. I have no idea why they're so mysterious about it.

Message 2 of 12
MaisCher
Frequent Contributor

If I had to guess I'd say content was probably a big factor. I'd imagine you can rack up tons of post saying "congrats" in the CC approvals forum but how much do those actually contribute?

I don't think kudos matter much. Just a guess...

Current Score: EQ 699 TU 719 EX ? as of April-2016

Message 3 of 12
JamesB95
Regular Contributor

@MaisCher wrote:
If I had to guess I'd say content was probably a big factor. I'd imagine you can rack up tons of post saying "congrats" in the CC approvals forum but how much do those actually contribute?

I don't think kudos matter much. Just a guess...

I have quite a few posts with extensive content, actually (not the majority, but,. Not only in replies. But, I also have 3+ of my own threads describing my credit card approvals. Also, I do not only say congrats, I do once in awhile contribute more to the given discussion.

I am unsure what is it that is preventing me from gaining AT LEAST "member" status.

Monitoring other profiles, I did find someone with established member with 12 posts and not too much heavily considered "content". I won't link their profile as I feel that'd be rude.

It makes me want to figure out the system so I can finally become a "member". Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 12
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

Just a guess, but starting a few more threads might be your ticket. Smorgasboard doesn't count. Of course I might be banned for contributing to the delinquency of a newbie too. Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 12
JamesB95
Regular Contributor

@Turbobuick wrote:

Just a guess, but starting a few more threads might be your ticket. Smorgasboard doesn't count. Of course I might be banned for contributing to the delinquency of a newbie too. Smiley Very Happy

Def not it. Someone joined with 6 posts and hasn't made 1 topic, just 6 posts within a single thread and they have "member". Smiley Indifferent

The quest continues... I made threads outside of this board, almost 10 times, too.

Message 6 of 12
elim
Senior Contributor

read read read and learn, join discussions and post results to carry the message to the next member. your status will grow on it's own before you know it.

read.gif

some say "posts read, time online, threads started, etc" so just stay involved and it will change soon

i remember what a pain it was when i wanted to make my siggy and couldnt. it really should be any day for you

mine was fast but i read a ton of posts and never logged out (laptop)

oh yeah... i think it's around 300 for custom avatar.

i just found the old ranking thread but it's locked :[

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-Ge​neral/Coming-Soon-New-Member-Ranks/td-p/951100

Message 7 of 12
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

@JamesB95 wrote:

@Turbobuick wrote:

Def not it. Someone joined with 6 posts and hasn't made 1 topic, just 6 posts within a single thread and they have "member". Smiley Indifferent

The quest continues... I made threads outside of this board, almost 10 times, too.

Sounds like you need to bribe....errr, suckup.... errr, I mean be patient.

Message 8 of 12
JamesB95
Regular Contributor

I found out why! It was because I had auto login to stay on. So, I only had like 6 logins in total.

I logged out and in to 10 and ranked up.

Message 9 of 12
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Be patient, you won't get to the next level without putting in your timeSmiley Wink and just so you know you post in smorgasbord didn't count , lol. None of these posts count. Just keep contributing and you'll climb up on ranksSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.