Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Men and wallets to keep the CC from getting destroyed

Yeah that isn't worth it at all. Smaller system works best. Smiley Happy
Message 51 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always put my cards magnetic strips down in my wallet.  If they sit upwards they strip tends to get worm alot faster.  

Message 52 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem and it happens to my Debit card especially.

I had my debit card replaced 4 times in the past 5 years. The strips just aren't meant to last.

What I did was get one of these:

Tight Wallet

They're called Tight Wallets or minimalist wallets. This specific design is called The Americana and it's located on a site that I can refer if the mods allow me to, otherwise just PM me and I'll share.

Besides forcing you to consider what cards you should/should not carry on your person at all times, minimalist wallets cover up most of the cards to prevent wear and tear, which is the more important part. Some are also designed to protect against RFID thieves.

I'm hoping the elastic band on mine holds out, because I want to keep my wallet forever. I've fallen in love with the design and it has really made me pare down a lot of the crap in my old wallet.

Message 53 of 65
Gatito
Contributor

I agree just doing a search for "minimalist wallet" will get you plenty of sites and a lot of really nice looking designs and on the plus side they help you look at what you really need to be carrying. Most of the time they hold up to 10 cards and if you have more than that then you need to go somewhere and do something with your life ... JUST KIDDING!!! LOL Cat LOL

Message 54 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just ordered this one. It looks like it has excellent reviews everywhere I looked.....

https://www.flipsidewallet.com/

Had mine for about a year and a half now...I like it. I onlyl wish it was a bit slimmer.

Message 55 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried inverting your cards so the strip is toward the bottom of the pocket?

Message 56 of 65
slicemans
Regular Contributor

I bought a bellroy hide and seek wallet. $89 It destoys all my credit card corners.  I sent in for a warranty. Still has the same problems

Message 57 of 65
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

IMG_20140910_215621.jpg

I want/need a wallet like this one. What kind is it?
Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 58 of 65
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@waynes1982 wrote:

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

IMG_20140910_215621.jpg

I want/need a wallet like this one. What kind is it?

Lots of wallets like that out there. I can hold 10 CC in mne, each their own slot.. and my license. Plus cash.. Go to Amazon..

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 59 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

YES finally a topic for us men LOL.. I have a 6 year old guess wallet and I have to find something else it's always breaking the top parts of my cards in under 5 months the most recent is my CU card but I should be getting a replacement soon since it expires in a few months.

Message 60 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.