cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messed up/Late rental payments- Coop board approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Messed up/Late rental payments- Coop board approval?

Calling all Coop Board experts or anyone who may be able to help! I've posted this message on forums: mortgage loans and general credit & looking for further assistance.

I've basically screwed up in a major way by consistently paying my rent late- to the point that the landlord has sent pre-eviction papers to me several times over the last few years.  I'm fully aware that I've been highly irresponsible in this regard...I'm not questioning that part and have only recently  (last couple months) started to pay in a more timely manner.  Now, that I've decided recently that I want to purchase a coop apartment (New York city), the reality has struck that I will have to provide a reference letter from my landlord in order to get approved by the Coop Board.  The landlord will not be able to send a good reference letter obviously.  As Coop Boards are notorious for rejecting applicants that they simply don't like, I am quite nervous that they have good reason not to accept me.  What, if anything, can I do to help rectify the situation or at least reduce the impact?  Would a personal letter from me accepting responsibility and vowing that I will not do it in the future help me or hurt me?  Does the landlord send a line by line breakdown of when all payments have been made?  I know that I must pay my rent from this day forward on time but any other ADVICE OR INFORMATION will be gladly accepted.  Thank you in advance for not scolding me!!
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.