cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metal Venture Card for Current Cardholders!!!!

tag
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Re: Metal Venture Card for Current Cardholders!!!!

@Nova5041 wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

interesting that its available for "all cardholders".

I called to have mine upgraded to the metal card and was told "thats its Unavailable for current cardholders. "

so, no its NOT available to everyone, and mine is the Visa siggy Venture, and have had the card for 2 yrs.

Hmmmm,thats crazy that they would make it avaliable to some customers and not others. When I talked to the rep, he was telling me how nice the card was an everything. So I know he knew what i was talking about. But he did have to check if my account was eligble, but what possible stipulations could there be for a metal card I wonder. Its not like they are increasing credit lines on the account. I love capital one, but sometimes they do some weird stuff.

Some might find it to be weird stuff that card holders want a new card issued just because it's made out of metal, I know I do not get the reason people care what a card is made of or looks like. I only care about if it works at registers and what the rewards and benefits are.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 11 of 17
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

@sarge12 wrote:

@Nova5041 wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

interesting that its available for "all cardholders".

I called to have mine upgraded to the metal card and was told "thats its Unavailable for current cardholders. "

so, no its NOT available to everyone, and mine is the Visa siggy Venture, and have had the card for 2 yrs.

Hmmmm,thats crazy that they would make it avaliable to some customers and not others. When I talked to the rep, he was telling me how nice the card was an everything. So I know he knew what i was talking about. But he did have to check if my account was eligble, but what possible stipulations could there be for a metal card I wonder. Its not like they are increasing credit lines on the account. I love capital one, but sometimes they do some weird stuff.

Some might find it to be weird stuff that card holders want a new card issued just because it's made out of metal, I know I do not get the reason people care what a card is made of or looks like. I only care about if it works at registers and what the rewards and benefits are.

I completely understand your view, this post was for people who are interested in getting the metal card version, Its not a deal breaker or anything. I personally just think its cool, that they are offering a metal version, and if they are offering it, why not get it! Is how i feel!

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

CapOne Venture now in METAL

I was approved 4 weeks ago for a capone Venture for 15k. I then received a letter a few days later letting me know the card was on its way. After waiting patiently for three weeks the card finally came in last night. I felt like it was taking much longer than usual. 

To my suprise....I received a notice that I was among the first to have the Venture card in metal. Sounds like if you currently have this card you can call in to request in metal. I wonder what other lenders will follow suit?...

Message 13 of 17
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

Just to update, I just recieved my new metal venture card today, and its pretty nice. Its pretty much exactly like the orignal, except the blue is lighter and the image in the background is mostly removed. The card is definitely heavier than my CSP, but not Ritz heavy. LOLSmiley Very Happy

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 14 of 17
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I want a metal venture card but my venture is world mastercard so I imagine no dice.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 15 of 17
airplane_al

they are still telling me my account aint eligible. it seems to have no effect i been with them for 10 years or have $40,000 credit with them. i guess its still only for new customers even months later.

Message 16 of 17
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Mine's gonna have Swarovski crystals around the edge.  The word "signature" will be an LED light.  It will have software enabled to read your mind.  If you think about cheating me in any way, it will shock the heck out of you and leave you stuttering for a week.

Hilarious! Smiley LOL

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.