Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metal venture

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: Metal venture

@noobody wrote:
I have an idea,why don't you guys request a replacement card every other day to improve the odds of the draw?

Uh ohhhh...lol.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 21 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do believe there are custom card manufacturers out there that will make a card to your specifications, including gold. It has to be a very secure and trusting relationship, as they transfer your card numbers, exp date, cvv and magnetic strip to a custom card. That card will then be usable just like the regular plastic one. Seems reasonable if the necessary precautions are put in place.

Message 22 of 52
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I put a request in to the EO and they took a few days and finally told me it was basically luck of the draw, that if I got lucky and received I did and if not they couldn't get me one.  Hopefully in the future it will go metal as it is the flagship for them.  I just got approved for and am awaiting a new Venture One and a second Venture and it wouldn't break my heart if one of them showed up in metal (hopefully the venture)

Seriously? This site is going to single handedly ruin the EO helpline.

Message 23 of 52
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@DrZoidberg wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I put a request in to the EO and they took a few days and finally told me it was basically luck of the draw, that if I got lucky and received I did and if not they couldn't get me one.  Hopefully in the future it will go metal as it is the flagship for them.  I just got approved for and am awaiting a new Venture One and a second Venture and it wouldn't break my heart if one of them showed up in metal (hopefully the venture)

Seriously? This site is going to single handedly ruin the EO helpline.

+1. Seriously? An EO request for a metal card?

Just stop it people before the email is even shut off.

Message 24 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

They have to love us at MyFico :-/

Metal cards don't make your limit go higher.  They really aren't that big of a deal

Message 25 of 52
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I hope they shut off the email...at least then people will have no way to abuse the EO...

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 26 of 52
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

I had a lady the other day was like OMG come look at this card to show her friend (the Ritz) and she dropped it on the concrete.

Message 27 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to admit the Ritz is pretty impressive.  Almost 100% of the time when I use it, people look at it for long moments before giving it back to me Smiley Happy

I have my 3rd Venture in the mail, hoping it will be metal since the others are plastic.

Message 28 of 52
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They have to love us at MyFico :-/

Metal cards don't make your limit go higher.  They really aren't that big of a deal

Exactly. I just don't get the fascination. Are they cool? Yes. Are they worth acting like they're some kind of priceless jewelery? No.

Message 29 of 52
blondy250
Established Contributor

Such a sad thread, people really need to get a hobby.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 30 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.