Moderators, please read! :)

tag
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Moderators, please read! :)

@pipeguy wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@....red259 wrote:

I don't think people are expected to be supportive to the point of nauseum here. Sometimes it feels like the board might break out into a round of kumbaya over a credit card approval but I digress.

Right, and it's the approval cheerleading that to me is the worst part!   Although after the fact, I think better than "Congrats", "WTG" etc are questions like "Did you need another card?" and "Was this the best card for your situation?"  But don't think that will change.

Maybe we should add the "rank" of cheerleader - we could have New Cheerleader, Valued Cheerleader (although that would be subjective) Established Cheerleader, and MEGA Cheerleader based on how many "congrats" are posted.....

mmmm, probaly not.....

Note to Mods: It's meant to be humor, don't hate me for hating the mega-congrats-cheerleaders.

Smiley Wink Great idea give appreciation where it's appreciated! Thank You!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 71 of 76
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@pipeguy wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@....red259 wrote:

I don't think people are expected to be supportive to the point of nauseum here. Sometimes it feels like the board might break out into a round of kumbaya over a credit card approval but I digress.

Right, and it's the approval cheerleading that to me is the worst part!   Although after the fact, I think better than "Congrats", "WTG" etc are questions like "Did you need another card?" and "Was this the best card for your situation?"  But don't think that will change.

Maybe we should add the "rank" of cheerleader - we could have New Cheerleader, Valued Cheerleader (although that would be subjective) Established Cheerleader, and MEGA Cheerleader based on how many "congrats" are posted.....

mmmm, probaly not.....

Note to Mods: It's meant to be humor, don't hate me for hating the mega-congrats-cheerleaders.

Laugh, I personally love the idea as I've used a reference to cheerleaders on a different topic on the forums previously.  Not certain how it could be implemented automagically though and I'd hate to look over everyone and do custom rankings (which I don't have the ability to do as a moderator anyway). 

Would be fun though.

        
Message 72 of 76
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your excellent thread OP!!

Message 73 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

+ Congrats!
Message 74 of 76
red259
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@keithB wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@keithB wrote:
This forum is like a Capital One Secured card... Eventually it will have served its purpose and it will be time to move on. If the mods chase enough users/customers away, I'm sure myFICO may then wake up and make some changes.

I have yet to see one credible instance of "mods chasing users/customers away" in this thread.

If we're doing something wrong, fine tell us and we'll see if we can fix it; however, this type post serves absolutely no purpose without data as from the stats I occasionally get, we are still trending up in both users and post count.  I'm not seeing how we're the big bad wolf, heck none of us is on often enough to do that much damage and every moderator action is tracked and viewable by both other moderators and admins... we're no different than you in that regard. Cat Tongue

I've got no real issue with mods here... I'm here to learn and if you guys wanna censure threads buy burying them and moving them, no big deal, I'll just read another one.

Only thing I find creepy about this board is how mods here expect users to be "supportive" to the point of nauseum. I mean if someone makes a post like "My account got shut down because of my manufactured spending, please help!", we can't say anything to the affect that that was probably wasn't the smartest move. Being supportive is one thing, enabling posters is another Smiley Tongue

Credit Card Approvals have their own category now.  If you care about such things, read it; if you don't, then don't.

There is room for both sets of people here and I'm honestly a bit surprised at the comment.  I view the congrats kumbaya as being different than the FSR ideal anyway, one is pure community, the second is basic human decency though we've admittedly lost much of that as a society and I could argue having built a little corner of the Internet, it never existed online anyway (even back in the BBS-era). 

Old fashioned parents in my case, but I fully agree with the culture FICO has attempted to establish here and the reasons behind it.

If the response was directed to me then my comment was a joke. I think you misunderstood the point I was making which is that I did not feel like the mods were forcing people to be over the top supportive here (I was not advocating that people should not be supportive). The joke was just acknowledging that I can sometimes see why people think the board gets a bit carried away with credit card approvals at times. . 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 75 of 76
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@red259 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@keithB wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@keithB wrote:
This forum is like a Capital One Secured card... Eventually it will have served its purpose and it will be time to move on. If the mods chase enough users/customers away, I'm sure myFICO may then wake up and make some changes.

I have yet to see one credible instance of "mods chasing users/customers away" in this thread.

If we're doing something wrong, fine tell us and we'll see if we can fix it; however, this type post serves absolutely no purpose without data as from the stats I occasionally get, we are still trending up in both users and post count.  I'm not seeing how we're the big bad wolf, heck none of us is on often enough to do that much damage and every moderator action is tracked and viewable by both other moderators and admins... we're no different than you in that regard. Cat Tongue

I've got no real issue with mods here... I'm here to learn and if you guys wanna censure threads buy burying them and moving them, no big deal, I'll just read another one.

Only thing I find creepy about this board is how mods here expect users to be "supportive" to the point of nauseum. I mean if someone makes a post like "My account got shut down because of my manufactured spending, please help!", we can't say anything to the affect that that was probably wasn't the smartest move. Being supportive is one thing, enabling posters is another Smiley Tongue

Credit Card Approvals have their own category now.  If you care about such things, read it; if you don't, then don't.

There is room for both sets of people here and I'm honestly a bit surprised at the comment.  I view the congrats kumbaya as being different than the FSR ideal anyway, one is pure community, the second is basic human decency though we've admittedly lost much of that as a society and I could argue having built a little corner of the Internet, it never existed online anyway (even back in the BBS-era). 

Old fashioned parents in my case, but I fully agree with the culture FICO has attempted to establish here and the reasons behind it.

If the response was directed to me then my comment was a joke. I think you misunderstood the point I was making which is that I did not feel like the mods were forcing people to be over the top supportive here (I was not advocating that people should not be supportive). The joke was just acknowledging that I can sometimes see why people think the board gets a bit carried away with credit card approvals at times. . 

Mea culpa, been discussing this on a few different threads and I'm losing track and likely need more sleep Cat Tongue

I had originally read your post in the same light as a few others in this thread, thank you for the clarification, though I am highly entertained by your turn of phrase, new forum idiom, thank you for that.

        
Message 76 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.