Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderators, please read! :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Moderators, please read! :)

Please, let me first start off by saying that I do like all of the Mods here. I believe that you are all professional and non-discriminatory towards others and thread topics alike! I value all of your opinions and welcome your veteran feedback when you offer it!

This post is simply a small gripe and I will keep this as professional as possible. I have been a member of these boards for many years and have contributed to more threads than I can calculate on paper. So, as of recent (within the last year) it has been more apparent that The MyFico forums are becoming more and more "moderated". What do I mean by this? Well, to start, in my humble opinion I believe we are having entirely too many threads moved to other forums and/or locked. Yes, this particular forum is about credit cards and it should stay that way! But, we have a lot of members of this community who have left these forums because of how strict it is becoming! We have had some amazing times on here and sometimes change is inevitable, however I don't believe that this forum is changing for the better.

Do we really need 20 threads about Nasa FCU? Well, Yes! We do! Why? Because each thread brings new life and new ideas to this forum along with new information. No need to send these posts to smorgasboard because when you do this it frustrates us and sends good new ideas away. The whole purpose of a forum is to feed off of others and educate one another and when you shut down our threads it shuts us down! Now, I can see yourself saying "Moving the thread is not shutting it down" but the credit card forum is probably one of the most popular credit forums on the web! So by saying you're sending it to smorgasboard to "Get more exposure" you're really not because smorgasboard isn’t nearly as popular hence it doesn’t have the traffic that this forum does.

We have lost a lot of common veteran posters to this forum in the last year due to certain moderator practices which have made the credit card portion of MyFico less appealing as it once was. I know this because I talk to a lot of them on other forums now and through email exchange.

When you see 15 threads about one card, what does this tell you? It says WOW! Something is hot! Something is new! What is it!? So, you'll search and read and that’s fun! So, please mods, stop moving our posts, stop "shutting down" our posts. If we need to find something in the credit forums, we can simply go to the search bar and search for it, no need to move it!

I know all will agree that we like you guys and gals! We also respect you so I hope you will respect this coming from a veteran here, please tone it down J

This message and any attachments may contain confidential or privileged
information and are intended only for the use of the intended recipients
of this message. If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
please notify the sender by return email, and delete this and all copies
of this message and any attachments from your system. Any unauthorized
disclosure, use, distribution, or reproduction of this message or any attachments is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Message 1 of 76
75 REPLIES 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Moderators, please read! :)

Don't know if this forum is different, but having been a moderator on other boards we could see your IP Address and your other accounts. I only say this because you obviously wanted to be anonymous.

Message 2 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't know if this forum is different, but having been a moderator on other boards we could see your IP Address and your other accounts. I only say this because you obviously wanted to be anonymous.

+1 to that. 

Message 3 of 76
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

Moving topics to where they belong is part of "forum life". This is how things are done in all forums not just here. I for one hate seeing 20 threads for the same thing....its really unnecessary. 

Message 4 of 76
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Please, let me first start off by saying that I do like all of the Mods here. I believe that you are all professional and non-discriminatory towards others and thread topics alike! I value all of your opinions and welcome your veteran feedback when you offer it!

This post is simply a small gripe and I will keep this as professional as possible. I have been a member of these boards for many years and have contributed to more threads than I can calculate on paper. So, as of recent (within the last year) it has been more apparent that The MyFico forums are becoming more and more "moderated". What do I mean by this? Well, to start, in my humble opinion I believe we are having entirely too many threads moved to other forums and/or locked. Yes, this particular forum is about credit cards and it should stay that way! But, we have a lot of members of this community who have left these forums because of how strict it is becoming! We have had some amazing times on here and sometimes change is inevitable, however I don't believe that this forum is changing for the better.

Do we really need 20 threads about Nasa FCU? Well, Yes! We do! Why? Because each thread brings new life and new ideas to this forum along with new information. No need to send these posts to smorgasboard because when you do this it frustrates us and sends good new ideas away. The whole purpose of a forum is to feed off of others and educate one another and when you shut down our threads it shuts us down! Now, I can see yourself saying "Moving the thread is not shutting it down" but the credit card forum is probably one of the most popular credit forums on the web! So by saying you're sending it to smorgasboard to "Get more exposure" you're really not because smorgasboard isn’t nearly as popular hence it doesn’t have the traffic that this forum does.

We have lost a lot of common veteran posters to this forum in the last year due to certain moderator practices which have made the credit card portion of MyFico less appealing as it once was. I know this because I talk to a lot of them on other forums now and through email exchange.

When you see 15 threads about one card, what does this tell you? It says WOW! Something is hot! Something is new! What is it!? So, you'll search and read and that’s fun! So, please mods, stop moving our posts, stop "shutting down" our posts. If we need to find something in the credit forums, we can simply go to the search bar and search for it, no need to move it!

I know all will agree that we like you guys and gals! We also respect you so I hope you will respect this coming from a veteran here, please tone it down J

This message and any attachments may contain confidential or privileged
information and are intended only for the use of the intended recipients
of this message. If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
please notify the sender by return email, and delete this and all copies
of this message and any attachments from your system. Any unauthorized
disclosure, use, distribution, or reproduction of this message or any attachments is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Honestly I don't think the mods are out of control. I think its a little excessive that credit card approvals need to go into their own thread. Seriously I can't recall having ever gone to read that thread. Having a question about a business credit card moved to the business forum where there are a lot fewer views and much less feedback and also a bit much. The overly restrictive rules on referrals seems like they could be reworked as well. That being said I don't think the mods decide any of this stuff and its all policies from myfico. I have been on other boards that get really nasty where people bite your head off for asking a question and seek to intimidate anyone they can. Thankfully the people here tend to be helpful and supportive for the most part. The trolls are kept at bay in large part due to the actions of the mods and I am thankful issues like politics are not discussed here. I haven't noticed a huge number of threads being locked here. And to be quite candid I don't want to see 20 different threads about NASA. Its obnoxious when I load up the front page and its dominated by a product I am not interested in. There is no need to constantly start new threads about a card when you can just add to the current thread. This also makes it easier for the people who are interested in the card to find all the information in one place instead of going from thread to thread etc. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 5 of 76
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@HeilFico wrote:

Movin topics to where they belong is part of "forum life". This is how things are done in all forums not just here. I for one hate seeing 20 threads for the same thing....its really unnecessary. 

+1 and having the approvals in a separate place makes It easier than when it was included in credit cards.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 76
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

@HeilFico wrote:

Movin topics to where they belong is part of "forum life". This is how things are done in all forums not just here. I for one hate seeing 20 threads for the same thing....its really unnecessary. 

+1 and having the approvals in a separate place makes It easier than when it was included in credit cards.

Yes, the moving of approvals really improved the readability for me.   (And I don't miss anything as I never felt the need to read people I don't know congratulating other people I don't know on getting a credit card!)

Message 7 of 76
red259
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@HeilFico wrote:

Yes, the moving of approvals really improved the readability for me.   (And I don't miss anything as I never felt the need to read people I don't know congratulating other people I don't know on getting a credit card!)

True.... I think the value of credit card approval posts is that if you are early on in the process and you want to get a sense of your chances of getting approved for a card it is helpful to see what happened with the apps of others who may be similarly situated. If you have a thicker profile or are not apping then the information does not have much value.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 8 of 76
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Having the credit card approval threads in their own board also stops the "I GOT APPROVED" threads from pushing the actual questions to page 2 and beyond. the 900 "congrats" posts always kept the approval threads at the top. I think people are far more likely to get a quick answer to their questions now without the need for 1 or 2 "bumps" in their thread. 

Message 9 of 76
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

Having the credit card approval threads in their own board also stops the "I GOT APPROVED" threads from pushing the actual questions to page 2 and beyond. the 900 "congrats" posts always kept the approval threads at the top. I think people are far more likely to get a quick answer to their questions now without the need for 1 or 2 "bumps" in their thread. 

And as a potential benefit, it might cool down the "I must app" fervor, fueled by "Jack got card X, and my scores look pretty similar to his so I will app too [even if the card makes little sense and apart from the score my profile is nothing like his]"  Potential, because those so addicted probably go to the approval forum anyway!

Message 10 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.