Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly guest q & a

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Monthly guest q & a

Thank you, Uncle B. I seem to remember seeing a few of these. "Ask a BofA employee anything" or "Ask a car salesman anything" 

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
NFCU (ongoing; especially after May 2016 when NLUS Sand Diego was discovered- the only bandwagon I jumped on and very happy I did; also happy that I was not late to the party)

What do you mean late to the party?  Is NFCU shutting down the NLUS back door or something?  I haven't joined yet because I am hopeful my TU and EQ will jump majorly in June.

Message 12 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, CO_NATIVE, you are refering to the famous or infamous First Arkansas Bank & Trust, FBA&T Smiley Happy That was fun times. Wonder if they are still standing after Donny10 got through with themSmiley Happy.

I miss the BBVA Compass Nba craze. That was insane and im so glad that hopefully someone else gets the Nba contract. I know the bank is big but why have you official sponsered card on gotten from a bank that isnt available to the masses was beyond meSmiley Happy

Blispay was huge, to some extent still got a following but once it became unhidden , no cli and lots of verifying issues, it has died down some. The next bandwagon card will be interesting indeedSmiley Happy
Message 13 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Abcd2199, no one knows when that backdoor will close, if ever , but i would join and if concerned over reports just dont apply for credit products until your readySmiley Happy
Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Abcd2199, no one knows when that backdoor will close, if ever , but i would join and if concerned over reports just dont apply for credit products until your readySmiley Happy

That's probably a good idea, I just know they pull HP just to open the account so I figured being as clean as possible makes sense.  I'll get my app in next week just in case.

CB posts are mentioning long delays for people applying with the Navy League membership.  Some folks waiting over a week to hear back.

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
NFCU (ongoing; especially after May 2016 when NLUS Sand Diego was discovered- the only bandwagon I jumped on and very happy I did; also happy that I was not late to the party)

What do you mean late to the party?  Is NFCU shutting down the NLUS back door or something?  I haven't joined yet because I am hopeful my TU and EQ will jump majorly in June.

Meaning that I have been a member for nearly a year and others are just now joining. Usually I am late to the party or miss them completely (like Diners Club).  But yes, glad I got in before anything changed. As of now, nothing has changed and joining through NLUS San Diego is still valid. 

Do not wait until June to join. Join now. You do not have to apply for anything when you join and your score shouldnt have any bearing on membership (unless you burned them in the past). Either way you will have an inquiry to join and a separate inquiry when applying for anything. So I wouldn't wait.

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol, CO_NATIVE, you are refering to the famous or infamous First Arkansas Bank & Trust, FBA&T Smiley Happy That was fun times. Wonder if they are still standing after Donny10 got through with themSmiley Happy.

I miss the BBVA Compass Nba craze. That was insane and im so glad that hopefully someone else gets the Nba contract. I know the bank is big but why have you official sponsered card on gotten from a bank that isnt available to the masses was beyond meSmiley Happy

Blispay was huge, to some extent still got a following but once it became unhidden , no cli and lots of verifying issues, it has died down some. The next bandwagon card will be interesting indeedSmiley Happy

Yes, F BAT! I couldn't remember their name. That one was one of my favourite. My absolute favourite was the Duck and Beaver cards. I ate so much popcorn watching these threads during that fiasco! I really need some more entertainment, so I hope you are right-that the next one is on its way! 

Honestly though, the major reason these bandwagon/FOTM cards were so popular in the past (with the exception of CSR) was because the banks made the mistake of giving out large credit lines to those who could not get them from another bank. Now that NFCU is pretty much open to anybody who knows about NLUS (and everybody browsing MyFico should know about that by now) people are getting their padding from NFCU instead of from random banks. Thats my theory anyway. 

Message 17 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wish i was around for the Ducks and Beavers. I can only dream i could use Navy for padding , lol, but the only padding ill be doing with 500 buck limit is to cover my car in some shaggin wagonSmiley Happy
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wish i was around for the Ducks and Beavers. I can only dream i could use Navy for padding , lol, but the only padding ill be doing with 500 buck limit is to cover my car in some shaggin wagonSmiley Happy

You'll probably get one of their famous CLI's soon! 

Message 19 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ill have to wait til August to see, i actually tempted fate with this AR but said account too newSmiley Wink.

Abcd, even if it takes 2 weeks, go for it. Once you get approved, you can take your time as youll then be a member for lifeSmiley Happy
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.