Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Senior Contributor

Monthly guest q & a

Probably wrong forum but honestly have no clue where to post( see, still have to learnSmiley Wink

Is it me or has it been awhile since we've had one of those monthly questions and answers with different posters and their experiences? Has it been axed or or is everyone too busy? Slow SundaySmiley Wink
Valued Contributor

Re: Monthly guest q & a

Oh oh *raises hand* Are there any good tools or websites out there that I can use to teach my nephew's and son about credit and budgets? We're having "class" next weekend on scores, cards and budgets.

EQ 670 EXP 690 TU 759

AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Probably wrong forum but honestly have no clue where to post( see, still have to learnSmiley Wink

Is it me or has it been awhile since we've had one of those monthly questions and answers with different posters and their experiences? Has it been axed or or is everyone too busy? Slow SundaySmiley Wink

Hey @AverageJoesCredit, that's a great question!

It has been a while since we've had an 'AMA', and the plan is to pick it back up again at some point in the future.  I don't have a goal date or time-frame at this time, though... hopefully it won't be too long.  Smiley Happy

--UB

Senior Contributor

Thanks Uncle B and Medicgrrl for the responses. Will be interesting to see who s brain we get to pick nextSmiley Wink
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I am the culprit here.  I have been super busy--  Hopefully, soon.

Established Contributor

AverageJoesCredit wrote:

I never knew there was a Q & A thread.

I actually just really want there to be a new flavour-of-the-month/bandwagon card. The US Bank Altitude Reserve failed to garner much attention around here. Examples of FofTM/Bandwagon cards that entertained the heck out of me (and these are not necessarily in order):

PSECU Visa/PLOC combo & free FICO score before that became de jour (2011 ish)

Everybodies favourite: The Duck and Beaver cards

Diners Club

Nasa FCU (LOL)

Macy's/Bloomingdales during the combo of major purchase and club accounts (ie why people have $20K Macy's store card limits)

Comenty SCT (ongoing but thankfully toned down)

BBVA Compass NBA (LOL)

Capital One Venture (2015-2016 insane credit lines)

Blisspay

NFCU (ongoing; especially after May 2016 when NLUS Sand Diego was discovered- the only bandwagon I jumped on and very happy I did; also happy that I was not late to the party)

That weird bank in the South (forget the name) that issued cards for I think three banks; someone posted his approval and it spread like wildfire. The bank shut everybody down-quickly.

Banco Popular de Puerto Rico Avianca cards

Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 UR bonus)

Penfed (ongoing-especially since they have relaxed lending standards)

Any others? I am sure I am missing some.  I really wish something would come along...I need you all to entertain me.

CO_NATIVE wrote:

AverageJoesCredit wrote:

What @AverageJoesCredit is referring to is the monthly AMA, or "Ask Me Anything" sessions we once had. 

They are generally quite informative; here are a few from the past (disclaimer... I'm not picking favorites; they are all fantastic... I'm just providing links to the first few I can put my hand on and they are in no particular order):

Super Contributor

UncleB thanks for volunteering! Smiley Happy Remember, in the Army one of the first things we learned is be careful what you wish for!
Starting Score: 848
Current Score: 826
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Dinosaur wrote:
UncleB thanks for volunteering! Smiley Happy Remember, in the Army one of the first things we learned is be careful what you wish for!

I think it was once said, "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread..."  Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

CO_NATIVE wrote:

AverageJoesCredit wrote:

I actually just really want there to be a new flavour-of-the-month/bandwagon card. The US Bank Altitude Reserve failed to garner much attention around here. Examples of FofTM/Bandwagon cards that entertained the heck out of me (and these are not necessarily in order):

PSECU Visa/PLOC combo & free FICO score before that became de jour (2011 ish)

Everybodies favourite: The Duck and Beaver cards

Diners Club

Nasa FCU (LOL)

Macy's/Bloomingdales during the combo of major purchase and club accounts (ie why people have $20K Macy's store card limits)

Comenty SCT (ongoing but thankfully toned down)

BBVA Compass NBA (LOL)

Capital One Venture (2015-2016 insane credit lines)

Blisspay

NFCU (ongoing; especially after May 2016 when NLUS Sand Diego was discovered- the only bandwagon I jumped on and very happy I did; also happy that I was not late to the party)

That weird bank in the South (forget the name) that issued cards for I think three banks; someone posted his approval and it spread like wildfire. The bank shut everybody down-quickly.

Banco Popular de Puerto Rico Avianca cards

Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 UR bonus)

Penfed (ongoing-especially since they have relaxed lending standards)

Any others? I am sure I am missing some.  I really wish something would come along...I need you all to entertain me.

Chase Amazon Prime....ongoing!....I guess you could include that Luxury Gold Mastercard by barclaycard, if you just fell in love with the 995 dollar AF, with less benefits than the CSR...but hey it's metal, and 24k gold plated!!!!

TU fico08=817 6/24/17
EX fico08=806 6/24/17
EQ fico08=811 6/24/17
Garden since 4/5/2017

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.