Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most cash back in a year

tag
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Most cash back in a year

What's the most rewards you've ever accumulated In a year? Also what's the most rewards you've ever had
CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Creditdreamer
Established Contributor

Re: Most cash back in a year

Considering I just finally got rewards cards in October, my highest month was $179 with my new Discover it secured when they were doing the Apple Pay promotion. And in October of this year it's all going to double. I think my first year of rewards will end up being around $1500 to $2000, not including any welcome offers. ETA: This is a massive turnaround from previous years where I've been paying tons in interest and stupid AFs. I'm so excited about the rewards!

Starting: EQ 498 TU 501 EX 485 (9/23/11)
As of 5/12: EQ 552 TU 591 EX 572
Credit Repair Journey Bump in the Road
As of 10/15: EQ 511 TU 588 EX 601
Discover TU Fico- 12/31/18: 694; CK EQ- 1/16/19: 634
Goal: All 3 above 700

Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

179$ in ONE month?!?! How?! You put some use through that thing!
Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm around $400 total this year I believe. 

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

You guys put some serious use on your cards lol. I got 18$ back on my discover this month and thought I was rich!
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have literally gone from paying with debit every single time to paying with credit every single time. I never pay anything with cash or debit anymore including my rent. I've accumulated $1,350 this month, BUT that includes $1000 in welcome bonuses.
Message 6 of 25
Creditdreamer
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
179$ in ONE month?!?! How?! You put some use through that thing!

During the Apple Pay Promotion, I was using Apple Pay any chance I got because they were giving 10% extra. So at Macy's I was getting 15% because Macy's was also a quarterly bonus category. So I maxed out the quarterly bonus category and then used Apple Pay for everything (Macy's, trader Joe's, Chevron, Best Buy). I didn't have a lot of spend that month. Maybe $3500? If I had had more money to spend, I would have tried to max out the apple pay bonus (only on things I needed in the near future though). My limit on that card was only $600 at the time. So I had a lot of payments. It was stressful waiting for things to clear and paying asap. This was before I realized I could just send an overpayment from my bank. lol.

Starting: EQ 498 TU 501 EX 485 (9/23/11)
As of 5/12: EQ 552 TU 591 EX 572
Credit Repair Journey Bump in the Road
As of 10/15: EQ 511 TU 588 EX 601
Discover TU Fico- 12/31/18: 694; CK EQ- 1/16/19: 634
Goal: All 3 above 700

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have literally gone from paying with debit every single time to paying with credit every single time. I never pay anything with cash or debit anymore including my rent. I've accumulated $1,350 this month, BUT that includes $1000 in welcome bonuses.

That's exactly how I am. If I could pay my mortgage and car notes on it I would too! 

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's exactly how I am. If I could pay my mortgage and car notes on it I would too! 

You can....just may not be cost effective:

https://www.chargesmart.com/

People were also paying their mortgages through Bluebird (not sure if this still works)

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the last 11 months including bonuses I've accumulated
220,000 UR's (155,000 bonus)
160,000 MRs (130,000 bonus)
$3,000 cash back from discover ($1500 mainly from 10% Apple Pay promo then doubled for double cash promo although I won't receive this second $1500 until June)
50,000 SPG points (30,000 bonus)
and a few thousand other random points

Should have a value of around $8-10,000 and I haven't churned a single card. Just started getting into rewards about 12 months ago...I'm sure next year won't be as lucrative, not planning on closing any but maybe need to add a Citi card or 3 Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.