Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Murdering the English language

tag
MattH
Senior Contributor

Murdering the English language

I came across an ad for a company that offers "credit decisioning services" to lenders.  I asked my wife her opinion of using "decisioning" as a noun, and she replied, "they need grammaring services."

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Murdering the English language

That's pretty funny!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 14
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

+1 Smiley Very Happy

Just the other day I read about a car rental company that charged the customer's credit card three times more than it originally said it would, because the customer returned the car one day late. The final total on the card was $240. What was the original estimate that was given to the customer?

Message 3 of 14
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

That's really no worse than the "texting" generation who post and seem to not know that a capital letter at the beginning of every sentence and complete words are actually allowed.  Smiley Happy 

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 4 of 14
laz98
Senior Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

That's really no worse than the "texting" generation who post and seem to not know that a capital letter at the beginning of every sentence and complete words are actually allowed.  Smiley Happy 

well, i DO know that sentences start with capital letters.....but i have pretty much always written in lower case, once i was given the option.  occasionally here on the forums i will actually use "correct" punctuation & whatnot, but for the most part, i am actually a grammar nazi Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 14
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

+1 Smiley Very Happy

Just the other day I read about a car rental company that charged the customer's credit card three times more than it originally said it would, because the customer returned the car one day late. The final total on the card was $240. What was the original estimate that was given to the customer?

$60.00  (if "more" still means "more" these days Smiley Happy). 

Moving forward, I decisioned that solution very uniquely, irregardless...Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 14
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

I think that the two who could "murder the English language" the worst were, Popeye,  and Mugs, ( the guy in the Dead-End kids movies of the 40's ).  You had to be good to keep up with Mugs. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 7 of 14
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

I think that the two who could "murder the English language" the worst were, Popeye,  and Mugs, ( the guy in the Dead-End kids movies of the 40's ).  You had to be good to keep up with Mugs. 

Mugs types "murder" into the Google search box...results come back,  "did you mean moida?"  Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 14
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Mugs types "murder" into the Google search box...results come back,  "did you mean moida?"  Smiley Very Happy

That guy "moidas" me everytime I hear him talk.  Smiley Very Happy
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 9 of 14
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

When I typed "moida" into Google the top hits said

Moida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Moida is a village panchayat in Nellimarla mandal of Vizianagaram district in Andhra Pradesh, India. Penumatsa Sambasiva Raju, the Zamindar of Modia is the ...

Nine cities where moida is unhoida Jun 14, 2008

... New York's safe, but not this safe: There are nine big cities in the United States where not a single murder occurred last year...

I do tend to take things literally :-)

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.