Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My AMEX and Mcdonalds experience

tag
topisnear
Established Member

My AMEX and Mcdonalds experience

I just walked to McDonald's from my office to grab a coffee and a mcmuffin, ya i know i never eat this stuff but i gave in today! anyways i order after a friend of mine and tell the cashier to put my order on his tab as a joke. When he tells me how much i owe i pull out my PRG (which i use as my debit card) and give it to him. Now mind you there is about 6 people in line behind me he says "Look he has a amex and he wants to put this on your tab? he has 50 grand on that thing, look at it hes rich!" Now everyone in the line was staring at me and it was awkward, alittle funny but strange. I know here on the forums we know amex has lowered its standards a bit and its not what it used to be but i believe this is proof that the general public who knows nothing about this stuff still thinks the AMEX is for people of a high caliber. Humor early in the morning for our Friday.

AMEX PRG NPSL charge about $2000 month, Capital one Venture $320 (for Uti) on $3500, Chase Freedom $0 on $2000,
Discover IT $0 on $2300, Wells Fargo Platinum $0 on $1600,
Capital one QuickSilver $0 on $1000, Wells LOC 0 of $5000
Scores: Purchased here on myfico
703 Experian
698Transunion
692 Equifax

Goals: 720+ all across and a AMEX PRG
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: My AMEX and Mcdonalds experience

@topisnear wrote:

I just walked to McDonald's from my office to grab a coffee and a mcmuffin, ya i know i never eat this stuff but i gave in today! anyways i order after a friend of mine and tell the cashier to put my order on his tab as a joke. When he tells me how much i owe i pull out my PRG (which i use as my debit card) and give it to him. Now mind you there is about 6 people in line behind me he says "Look he has a amex and he wants to put this on your tab? he has 50 grand on that thing, look at it hes rich!" Now everyone in the line was staring at me and it was awkward, alittle funny but strange. I know here on the forums we know amex has lowered its standards a bit and its not what it used to be but i believe this is proof that the general public who knows nothing about this stuff still thinks the AMEX is for people of a high caliber. Humor early in the morning for our Friday.

So everybody that shops at Costco is Rich ...I wonder where that puts people who uses Food Stamps there Smiley Tongue

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 2 of 23
heyitsyeh
Frequent Contributor

Nice I've never brought out my PRG in public...pretty sure people don't think much of me bustin' out that green FidAmex for McDonalds runs.

TU: 777 | EQ: 814 | EX: 764
Last INQ: 3/26/21
AAoA: 4y 7m
Lowest limit: Chase Freedom Visa - $13,000
Highest limit: Discover It - $56,500
Available credit: $200,600 (8 cards)
Message 3 of 23
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@topisnear wrote:

Haha it's even more ironic when I whip out my exclusive Zync card  ~ everyone assumes it's a top tier card but we know otherwise....Cat Very Happy

Also I am moving this thread to Smorgas Bored

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 23
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Exactly what Pizzadude said. I never get anything for my Platinum but Zync gets a double look.

Message 5 of 23
jd352
Regular Contributor

@ibmrad7 wrote:

Exactly what Pizzadude said. I never get anything for my Platinum but Zync gets a double look.

Yep. When I had the Zync cashiers always assumed it was super rare and always gave compliments. It was a beauty of a card as the font contrasted well with the snow white color. My wife used to tell people it was for brides - people actually beleived her...

I used to use my Amex all the time at McD's, now that I have the CSP I use that. But, that CSP brings on a whole other issue. I have waitresses tell me all the time, we don't take Sapphire. We only take Visa, Mastercard, Amex and Discover. *face palm*

NPSL............... $20,700........... $15,200.......... $5,000............ $15,000............ $20,000
Current Scores: Equifax: 761 (Fico) TransUnion: 751 (Fico) Experian: 768 (Fico)
Message 6 of 23
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@jd352 wrote:

@ibmrad7 wrote:

Yep. When I had the Zync cashiers always assumed it was super rare and always gave compliments. It was a beauty of a card as the font contrasted well with the snow white color. My wife used to tell people it was for brides - people actually beleived her...

I used to use my Amex all the time at McD's, now that I have the CSP I use that. But, that CSP brings on a whole other issue. I have waitresses tell me all the time, we don't take Sapphire. We only take Visa, Mastercard, Amex and Discover. *face palm*

Hmm You make me curious of trying to see what they say with my new CSP Smiley Tongue

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
Message 7 of 23
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@jd352 wrote:

@ibmrad7 wrote:

Hmm You make me curious of trying to see what they say with my new CSP Smiley Tongue

I use it at mcdonalds all the time , but i usually do drive thru, so they don't have time to look at it an comment on it lol. Used it for lunch last week for the 3x on friday deal for restuarants lol. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 8 of 23
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@jd352 wrote:

@ibmrad7 wrote:

I use it at mcdonalds all the time , but i usually do drive thru, so they don't have time to look at it an comment on it lol. Used it for lunch last week for the 3x on friday deal for restuarants lol. 

Yeah .. I have only used the card once so far for 2 bottles of water at $0.99 a piece at a Self serve Checkout in CVS... been itching to use my CSP some place already lol

Message 9 of 23
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@jd352 wrote:

@ibmrad7 wrote:

Yeah .. I have only used the card once so far for 2 bottles of water at $0.99 a piece at a Self serve Checkout in CVS... been itching to use my CSP some place already lol

lol i think i over used it last month, went out to eat way way too much :-( Sushi 3 times in an month in the nyc area, you know how bad that can get lol. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.