Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My City Police are rockstars!

tag
Booner72
Senior Contributor

My City Police are rockstars!

Sooo, DH is out of town working and the kids are out of town for spring break.  Last night I locked the house up like Fort Knox.  Went out in shorts and a tank top at 5:30AM to feed the cat.  Guess what I do?....Lock myself out of the house.

No way in!   No one to help!  The spare key is three hours away!  

I called the non-emergency police line (Luckily I had my cell phone in my shorts pocket as it's my alarm clock) to see if they could help,  and sure enough, they send a super-sweet officer out, who used his very own credit card and my screwdriver to get the door open.  Good thing I've been dieting bc I was barely dressed!!    I had to wait in my car until he arrived for warmth, only 20 degrees this morning.

Is that sweet or what??

Edited grammar

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My City Police Department are rockstars!

Very nice!  Why is it that when we damsels are in distress, we're almost always practically naked?  When I was much younger (college years) I didn't know how to cook so I was making chicken in the oven and it started a fire.  I was in the shower at the time, so I ran out of the house in a towel.  The police and firemen must enjoy the shows they get at times.  

Why did it start a fire?  My boyfriend at the time stored tennis balls in the broiler.  I don't know why...

Message 2 of 8
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Lol - my own story was the fire department was literally in my backyard.  We shared a fence.   They saw smoke coming off of the roof of my apt (I lived on the second/top floor) but couldn't do anything about it.

They waited anxiously for someone to call it in.  (The rules were they couldn't leave unless it was on a call.)   Someone walking by finally called it in and those handsome hunks came quickly!   I was much younger, skinny, fit and wearing a VERY old nightshirt blouse (buttoned down the front).   Which, I didn't realize was completely see through due to many washings....I guess that is why the nightshirt was soooo soft.  Smiley Wink  Underwear?   Who wears undies to bed?

I happened to look out the window when the flashing lights on the street woke me up.  (They didn't use sirens.)  Looked out the window, then there was pounding on my door as the buzzer intercom thing went crazy.   Yeah...it was sometime before I put on pants, then a sweatshirt.   The guys in reflective coats kept me busy showing them the fireplace, the roof access, my laundry room, my bedroom...

*sigh*   those handsome hunks hung around for a long time...   turns out that when I burned a log in the fireplace earlier, the roof caught on fire.  Lol.  Landlord was angry, but hey, I had asked if the fireplace had been maintained.  He said yes.  I asked if I could use it.  He said yes.   The fireplace was clean and my log was definitely "out".

Ah, the memories of their visit...

Message 3 of 8
FrugalRican
Blogger

Wow, no one has asked what credit card he used, yet?

Seemed like the obvious question to ask.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 4 of 8
Booner72
Senior Contributor

ha ha Frugalrican!!  It was a local CU card  = I have the same one.  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

OK, am I the only lady here who is bothered by the fact that you locked everything up tight and then they got in with a credit card and a screw driver? You need better locks- if they got in, a bad guy could too. Smiley Surprised

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 6 of 8
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

Re: My City Police are rockstars!

Did the kitty have somewhere to stay warm?

Message 7 of 8
Booner72
Senior Contributor

@crunching_numbers wrote:

OK, am I the only lady here who is bothered by the fact that you locked everything up tight and then they got in with a credit card and a screw driver? You need better locks- if they got in, a bad guy could too. Smiley Surprised

Don't be bothered.  The door he broke into was a door that goes from the house to the garage, and the garage is locked tight from the inside.  In fact, he even gave us a compliment on how well locked up our house was since he couldn't find a window or anything to get in.  Had I been locked out of the house w/ no garage access, then it definitely would have been a much bigger problem and either something was going to be broken, or I had to call a locksmith. 

And yes, the kitty has his very own "kitty door" that goes into the insulated garage.  (This is the cat that survived falling in an oil bucket, being washed with Dawn at the advice of ya'll....I can't believe my cat has made it twice into silly stories on The Fico Forum.)

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.