Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Kitty had a Miscarriage

tag
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

Re: My Kitty had a Miscarriage

Thanks Hauling, we have never spent this much on any animal before and in right now it couldn't have happened at a worse time. But she is only a year old and has been such a good companion that we thought it was worth it this time. We have already discussed with Kitty that she has used up her 9 lives and she has none remaining Smiley Happy She better be on her best behavior. She is fixed now but she would do well to stay away from the males Smiley Happy
A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 11 of 19
Scamp
Valued Contributor

db, I'm so relieved she made it through the toughest patch.

Have faith in yourselves about caring for her, and just follow the vet's instructions to the letter, and when in doubt at all, about any little thing, call the vet to ask or just take her back in.

After I spent over a grand saving my Siamese a couple years ago (part of what brought me to these boards), I did explain to him that he was now my Thousand Dollar Cat and that he was now required to live AT LEAST until the age of 25 in order to give me my money's worth. Smiley Wink

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 12 of 19
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

Thanks scamp,

My grandma had a Siamese that lived to be 23 or 24 years old. I think she kept him alive maybe a little longer than she should have as he had many health problems for the last couple of years. She got him the same year I was born (1976) and I basically grew up with him always around the house (he was strictly an indoor cat) he only went outside once in his life according to my grandmother.

Anyway, it is possible your Siamese could live to 25. Thanks again for your concern.

Dizbuster

7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 13 of 19
Scamp
Valued Contributor

How's she doing, diz?  Well, I hope...?

Message 14 of 19
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

@Scamp wrote:
How's she doing, diz?  Well, I hope...?

She seems to be doing great! She has been putting the weight back on a little. She is a long hair Persian so when she came home she was really skinny and her hair was matted really bad. I took the scissors and cut some of the really bad parts and combed her really good (she loved the comb)Smiley Happy Her fur is looking beautiful again. She has the stitches on her belly with a scar about 4 or 5 inches long. It seems to be healing very well.

It's funny but she seems to be even more lovey-duvey after her return home. She never meow-ed before but now she meow's all the time. I think she knows she's our little sick pet Smiley Happy

OMG, giving her the antibiotics is just a pain. Three times a day for one and once a day on the other one. She hates it. I found one pill last night that I thought she swallowed, but she caughed it up and I found it buried in her long fur. We are getting better at the medicine and I have the scratches to prove it. HAHA! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 19
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Glad she's on the mend.  Smiley Happy

Yeah -cats and meds don't mix!  Smiley Very Happy  I've gotten better with that over the years, but it's never easy. 

Hang in there. Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Oh, wow, pilling cats --few things in life more exciting, and more potentially bloody.

I worked for a vet for several years long, long ago, and I can generally get the pill down before they realize what's going on. But when they're on 3 a day for however long, they start to figure it out.

I'm glad to hear she's doing well!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 17 of 19
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Oh, wow, pilling cats --few things in life more exciting, and more potentially bloody.

I worked for a vet for several years long, long ago, and I can generally get the pill down before they realize what's going on. But when they're on 3 a day for however long, they start to figure it out.

I have to LOL at pilling a cat. I work part time on occasion for a vet and that's one of my jobs and you are so right about nothing more exciting and potentially bloody. I've ruined more than one shirt in the process.

Diz, I'm glad to hear your cat is on the mend.

Message 18 of 19
MattH
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Getting meds down our cat is an adventure and a half.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.