Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My New Years Resolutions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My New Years Resolutions

I have always been in great shape and I used to work out 7 days a week, I was also a Personal Trainer (side job) I used to weigh 195ish and 6% body fat, I'm 5'8 so I was a big wad of muscle, I was benching over 405 lbs.

I made a move to a different State and the job I have now requires me to be up at 3:30 am 6 days a week in the summer and 5 days a week in the winter, so I have to be in bed quite early as you can imagine, I have not worked out in about 4 years and have put on some weight.

So, I purchased a year membership to my local gym and have started working out again, I also have put myself back on a healthy diet (eating 5 times a day) and cut out the soda, I started this two weeks ago, and I've already lost 14 lbs, and I'm (to my surprise) benching 225 already (rather easily) I'm hoping by summer I'll be back to looking good again, I already feel 100% better.

That's resolution #1.

#2 is to save save save, I have managed to put away 3K in savings since the second week of December 2011, and I would like to own my own Home, I'm not sure I will go after this in 2012, I may take my time and find the perfect Home for myself, and go after it early 2013.

I have thrown soooooo much $$ in the past years in rent, it sickens me, so It's time to put that money into a Home of my own, I can't wait for the day the keys to my own Home are handed to me.

I just thought I'd share this with my fellow Friends here at MyFico.

I'm Wishing each and everyone of you the Best, and I hope all of your dreams come true.

Thank you for reading this, and have a Blessed year.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: My New Years Resolutions

Good luck with the gym and the savings, Mustang.  I'm in your boat - I started the gym in 2008  and was the "biggest loser" in my town, winning 1000.00.

I lost 23 pounts in 12 weeks.

I did a great job maintaining until last May when I became obsessed with home buying and credit scoring, I quit going bc I didn't have time (yeah right).  Now our new house is 3 minutes from the gym and I've gone 4 times since we moved.  My workout partner also got preggo and that really didn't help.

The plan is to get my  out of shape arse back starting this next Monday. 

Let me know how you do.  Getting back into the rhythm and the schedule is the hardest part.  Once you are actually there, it's a piece of cake, as I'm sure you know!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Booner72 wrote:

Good luck with the gym and the savings, Mustang.  I'm in your boat - I started the gym in 2008  and was the "biggest loser" in my town, winning 1000.00.

I lost 23 pounts in 12 weeks.

I did a great job maintaining until last May when I became obsessed with home buying and credit scoring, I quit going bc I didn't have time (yeah right).  Now our new house is 3 minutes from the gym and I've gone 4 times since we moved.  My workout partner also got preggo and that really didn't help.

The plan is to get my  out of shape arse back starting this next Monday. 

Let me know how you do.  Getting back into the rhythm and the schedule is the hardest part.  Once you are actually there, it's a piece of cake, as I'm sure you know!

Thanks for the reply Booner,

23 pounds in 12 weeks is quite an accomplishment.. I wish I lived so close to the gym, I live up in the mountains and everything is a drive, my gym is not very far, like a 25 minute drive, I do not have a workout partner yet, I'm hoping to meet someone at the gym who works out at the same time I do, it's very important to have a workout partner and without one I will not be able to push myself to the max, sometimes (well, most of the time) when lifting heavy weight I need someone there to spot me.

I hope you can get back into the rhythm and the schedule, as you have said getting there is the hardest part, but once you are there it's a piece of cake.

I'll let you know how I progress, and you keep me informed as to how you're doing as well if you would.

I Wish you the Very Best.

Message 3 of 4
IOBA
Senior Contributor

To the both of you - yeah!!!

I could never keep work out partners.  Smiley Sad   Or even email buddies to help stay motivated.  Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.