Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My bathroom visitor

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My bathroom visitor

I live in the country..........so it isn't nothing uncommon in this part of the woods....but today while the spouse and I was gone to town, my father in law called to tell me who visited in the bathroom.

And just because my only nephew is so darn cute...........

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My bathroom visitor

Oh goodness!!!  Why why why did you have to post this? Smiley Surprised
A couple years ago there was a news report that  nearby residents found a (to me) giant snake coiled up in their toilet when they opened the lid. I was scared of my bathroom for a month after that....Eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww....Me and creepy crawlies of any kind do not get along....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww.. I have since moved to the sticks and had forgotten all about that...until now...
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

By the way...your nephew IS adorable....
Message 3 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Was this your namesake, coming to call?

I was 8 months pregnant with our first child, DH out of town for 2 weeks, when my cat brought in a large snake, dead, mostly. I stood on the bed and pondered this for a while, wondering how bad my body would look after 2 weeks, before I called animal control. They said from the description that it sounded like a king snake, so after a while, I got it into a laundry basket and threw it out onto the hill beyond our back yard.

Phew, I still remember that smell. (The snake, not my dead body.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Was this your namesake, coming to call?

LOL, no it was a copperhead.

My father in law was actually bite by a copperhead in the woods one day. This was before my time, spouse was still in high school.

From what I hear, he was quite swelled. As you can tell from the pic, my father in law isn't a big guy, but he got bit on his wedding ring finger and that arm was 18 inches around.

He was in the hospital for a few days.
Message 5 of 19
marty56
Super Contributor

DW saw a garden snake in the backyard the other day and I offered to find it and dispatch it to meet its ancestors.  She told me that it is bad luck to kill a snake.

If I do find it I am going to tell her it went to the snake farm in Virginia.  Next store to the farm where our beagle Georgy Girl went when we were kids.

I say its bad luck to have a scared wife.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 6 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@marty56 wrote:
....I say its bad luck to have a scared wife.

Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 19
Dawn
Established Contributor

I'm glad all I get here are geckos and tree frogs sitting on my toilet seat!  Smiley Very Happy
Message 8 of 19
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

There are weeks where I feel like I should charge admission to my yard --

Raccoons, slugs, rabbits, toads, geese, possums, squirrels, a bat, and of course, the two dogs.  At some point one of the dogs dragged in a dead bird and continued to do an autopsy on the couch (yuck).  One of the dogs dragged in a dead slug, too.  (I stock a lot of salt at my house, they don't get the beer!)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 9 of 19
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

Your nephew is ADORABLE!
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.