Moderator Emeritus

My bathroom visitor

I live in the country..........so it isn't nothing uncommon in this part of the woods....but today while the spouse and I was gone to town, my father in law called to tell me who visited in the bathroom.

And just because my only nephew is so darn cute...........

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Established Contributor
ObsessedwithmyFico

Re: My bathroom visitor

Oh goodness!!!  Why why why did you have to post this? :smileysurprised:
A couple years ago there was a news report that  nearby residents found a (to me) giant snake coiled up in their toilet when they opened the lid. I was scared of my bathroom for a month after that....Eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww....Me and creepy crawlies of any kind do not get along....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww.. I have since moved to the sticks and had forgotten all about that...until now...
Established Contributor
ObsessedwithmyFico

By the way...your nephew IS adorable....
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Was this your namesake, coming to call?

I was 8 months pregnant with our first child, DH out of town for 2 weeks, when my cat brought in a large snake, dead, mostly. I stood on the bed and pondered this for a while, wondering how bad my body would look after 2 weeks, before I called animal control. They said from the description that it sounded like a king snake, so after a while, I got it into a laundry basket and threw it out onto the hill beyond our back yard.

Phew, I still remember that smell. (The snake, not my dead body.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Moderator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Was this your namesake, coming to call?

LOL, no it was a copperhead.

My father in law was actually bite by a copperhead in the woods one day. This was before my time, spouse was still in high school.

From what I hear, he was quite swelled. As you can tell from the pic, my father in law isn't a big guy, but he got bit on his wedding ring finger and that arm was 18 inches around.

He was in the hospital for a few days.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Super Contributor
marty56

DW saw a garden snake in the backyard the other day and I offered to find it and dispatch it to meet its ancestors.  She told me that it is bad luck to kill a snake.

If I do find it I am going to tell her it went to the snake farm in Virginia.  Next store to the farm where our beagle Georgy Girl went when we were kids.

I say its bad luck to have a scared wife.
09/12/2013 FICO: EQ: 772 EX:813 TU:752
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

marty56 wrote:
....I say its bad luck to have a scared wife.

:smileyvery-happy:
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Established Contributor
Dawn

I'm glad all I get here are geckos and tree frogs sitting on my toilet seat!  :smileyvery-happy:
Moderator Emeritus
WhirledPeasPlease

There are weeks where I feel like I should charge admission to my yard --

Raccoons, slugs, rabbits, toads, geese, possums, squirrels, a bat, and of course, the two dogs.  At some point one of the dogs dragged in a dead bird and continued to do an autopsy on the couch (yuck).  One of the dogs dragged in a dead slug, too.  (I stock a lot of salt at my house, they don't get the beer!)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Established Contributor
MsKiwi

Your nephew is ADORABLE!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}