Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My bathroom visitor

tag
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: My bathroom visitor

They make little .22 snake shot for snakes like that!

It looks like a mini shotgun shell. The .22 round is a little plastic tip thing full of little tiny bb's.

I saw a snake around the stairs to my condo last summer and ran and got my .22 pistol to shoot it (all snakes indigenous to this part of VA are very poisonous) with said snake shot, but it got away.
Here we go again...
Message 11 of 19
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If you don't mess with VA's copperheads, they won't mess with you.

FretlessMayhem wrote:
(all snakes indigenous to this part of VA are very poisonous)
I grew up in Florida and lived on a lake. All the poisonous snakes there, other than coral snakes, have the unmistakable triangular head.

My friend drafted me to help him rid his small boat of water after a long rain storm. We were in the boat mostly submerged from all the rain pulling water out via buckets. We found a couple interesting things in there. One was a baby (no more than 3 inches) poisonous water moccasin. I remember saying that I hope we don't see it's mama. The second thing we found was a dead fish. I took the fish and threw it to the side of the boat. Barely even a second after doing that the water became disturbed under the boat dock (I though it was an alligator) and a 5 ft. water moccasin opened its mouth, fangs and all, and grabbed the fish and swam away. That was the last time I even helped my friend with his boat.
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

The poor DW got stung by another scorpion (yellow) the other day- tiny baby one.

This is her 3rd sting - I have yet to be- She must be sweet and me sour.  The Bark Scorpion here can require a trip to the hosiptal.  

We need a new pest control company-
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

aww I love babies. He's adorable!!!! My daughter has that swing. Smiley Wink I love the rainforest collection!
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw a snake around the stairs to my condo last summer and ran and got my .22 pistol to shoot it (all snakes indigenous to this part of VA are very poisonous) with said snake shot, but it got away.

You don't have garter snakes, king snakes/black racers, green snakes, or little brown snakes in your area?  I'm in Central VA, and I've seen all of those, and they're not poisonous.  (The little brown snakes I'm talking about are tiny, maybe the diameter of a finger and 8-9" long, and eat earthworms.  I get them in my yard frequently, since I don't use chemicals- but the feral kitties like to catch and kill them.)  We have copperheads aplenty, and supposedly water moccasins (the park rangers all say no, but there are a great many anecdotal sightings)- but most of the snakes around the Fall Line are non-poisonous.

-MsMS

Message 15 of 19
demi
Established Contributor

Hummm....when you said bathroom visitor....I thought you meant "your monthly visit" (cover your ears men)....thing I would rather have the snake !!!

Nephew is adorable.

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

demi wrote:
Hummm....when you said bathroom visitor....I thought you meant "your monthly visit"

Ummm....not for me.
Message 17 of 19
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You don't have garter snakes, king snakes/black racers, green snakes, or little brown snakes in your area? I'm in Central VA, and I've seen all of those, and they're not poisonous. (The little brown snakes I'm talking about are tiny, maybe the diameter of a finger and 8-9" long, and eat earthworms. I get them in my yard frequently, since I don't use chemicals- but the feral kitties like to catch and kill them.) We have copperheads aplenty, and supposedly water moccasins (the park rangers all say no, but there are a great many anecdotal sightings)- but most of the snakes around the Fall Line are non-poisonous.

-MsMS

I'm in Chesapeake (to the west of Virginia Beach) and we have copperheads and water moccasins. Never seen any other kind.

But if I did, I would still shoot it. Call me old fashioned, but the only good snake is a dead snake.
Here we go again...
Message 18 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

.... Call me old fashioned, but the only good snake is a dead snake.

The only good snake is a snake with the outline of a mouse showing through.

My cat brought in a mouse a couple of nights ago and let it go. (They're more entertaining that way.) She has since caught it twice, letting it loose again. The mouse seems to be gamely hanging in there, but I do hope it doesn't up and die in some inaccessible place. Or even worse, that it's pregnant and starts a family of boarders.

I don't have a mouse in spite of having a cat; I have a mouse because of having a cat. Smiley Mad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.